Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you like mornings or afternoons?? >

Do you like mornings or afternoons??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you like mornings or afternoons??

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 AM

Default Do you like mornings or afternoons??

My last post sparked another question. I love the afternoon hunt. I hunt mornings, but have always killed most of my deer in the afternoons. I have only killed 2 deer out of 20 with the bow in the morning. Don't know why really, just happens that way. although, most of my hunting is done in the afternoon b/c of work, maybe that's why. Do you guys like a.m. or p.m. better??
Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Do you like mornings or afternoons??

I like the morning but the wife usually aint in the mood

oh, wait you mean hunting?

then still mornings, though I have shot the majority of my deer bow hunting after noon......
Old 01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I suppose I don't have a "true" preference. I LOVE hunting in the morning. I've killed my two best bucks, morning hunting. I also love being in the woods before light.

I like the afternoons.....because of the relaxed time frame involved. You're always bound to a "finishing" time (darkness). I sometimes wonder as I'm leaving the woods in the mornings.....if I've left a little too soon. Afternoon takes this unknown out of the equation.

If I had to choose one to do, ONLY....from now on, though.....I'd choose mornings.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like evenings a lot better
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like mornings. No real reason other that I just like watching the woods "wake up", the sun slowly melt the frost, etc. Best time to be in the woods as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I like mornings. No real reason other that I just like watching the woods "wake up", the sun slowly melt the frost, etc. Best time to be in the woods as far as I am concerned.
I can sure agree with you on this one, mornings are beautiful! Morning and evening hunting really depends on how your set up. Some locations are better in mornings, some are better in evenings. I've had much better luck in the evenings myself, the way my woods is layed out makes it tougher and more challenging to hunt mornings (Prevailing Wind Direction) Its much easier to hunt the wind for me in the evenings.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

I like how pretty the mornings are, but I have killed more deer in the evenings.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Site Buck Guru

50/50

My success rate is 50/50 as well. I perfer mornings because it is easier to deal with getting your deer out after shooting it. However......

The bottom line is you have to be there when the deer are. This is dependant on the time of season. Early in the season the evenings seem best. During the rut, both are good. Late season it switches back to evenings. On average I suspect that evenings win over mornings, but when it comes to november, I believe it to be closer to 50/50.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

I like the mornings
Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

When ever the deer are movingHad more luck in the morning hunt But I have shot my best bucks mid day.

Quick Reply: Do you like mornings or afternoons??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.