Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I can see my pins again!!! >

I can see my pins again!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can see my pins again!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I can see my pins again!!!

I just put a Verifier Peep on my bow. http://specialtyarch.com/verifiers.asp

I have a pair of almost 49 year old eyes, that don't focus on close objects very wellanymore. I have found the solution for shooting my bow. The Verifier is like putting reading glasses on my bow. There is a small lens that screws into a special peep. It makes the pins crystal clear again. I haven't hunted with it yet. But I shot at some targets at the archery shop tonight. It was like going from shooting shotgun sights to using a scope. My pins used to be a big blurr, now they are .019 pin heads. It does help to shoot with both eyes open but I believe it would still be a benifit to those who close one eye also.

This one is a Keeper. You over 40 guys that need reading glasses to see the newspaper, need to check this out. IT WORKS!!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Default RE: I can see my pins again!!!

Ok, now that is sweet!! How was the target? Clear?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff was just telling me about his today and I'm considering it as well. I know how well my "Clearifier" works for my Scope sight on my bow. I haven't tried a Verifying lens tho. I already have the peep, migh as well pick up a verifying lens.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Ok, now that is sweet!! How was the target? Clear?
The target has a little blur to it, but not bad at all with both eyes open. I found out tonight that having the pin in focus helps more than having the target perfect. My pin used to look like a big blob. Now it is crystal clear.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

How does it work in foul weather????
Old 01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

How does it work in foul weather????
Haven't checked that out yet. But I don't hunt in a lot of foul weather. I have too many good weather days I can hunt.

The lens can be screwed out and used like a regular peep.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

JOHN!!! I'm with ya, Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

I shot with mine for the first time, today. They put it on my bow, last night!

It is awesome to see the pins clearly, again.

To answer the question about the weather.....I won't be hunting with this. My eyes aren't so bad I need it to hunt with.....just for target shooting. I see just fine to hunt.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have looked at this peep, I hunt in all weather conditions and was wondering how it works with COLD weather and fogging, rain/misting weather etc... I would hate to have to take the thing off in the woods when I used to it! Just curious! I have had a little trouble seeing my top pin at times or it being hallowed so to speak! I might just get a bigger pin for my top pin!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:30 PM

What's the # indicate? Like, other than color, what is the difference in the #5 and #6, what peep do they go in?? I was looking at the website, and I'm confused....big shocker....
Old 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

What's the # indicate? Like, other than color, what is the difference in the #5 and #6, what peep do they go in?? I was looking at the website, and I'm confused....big shocker....
The #'s are for different strength of lenses. Depending how bad your eyes are. They go in the Hooded peep made by Specialty Archery. But I think they might fit in the super ballpeep also.

At the shop I was at they had a rotating wheel with all of the different lenses in it. You held it in one hand and a handle with a fiber optic pin in the other looking thru the lens, and rotate the wheeluntill you have the sharpest picture.

Kinda like at the doctor. Is this better or this one.

Quick Reply: I can see my pins again!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.