Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Top end bucks in your area >

Top end bucks in your area

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Top end bucks in your area

Old 01-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Top end bucks in your area

Any buck in the 150's is a head turner around here. 160 to 180 are here but super hard to come by. There are some huge freaks occasionally.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:18 PM

State record typical bow kill is around 165.

I've seen 3 P&Y deer in my life while hunting.... Killed one, lost one, and the other slipped by me.....

The very best hunters in these parts hunting on your typical land, will kill a 120-130 class consistently, or at least have the opportunity...

140 is top end and you can on one hand the number of 150+ bow kills.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

STUD

Charlie are you in NY?
Yes I am Germ, hunt many different area's.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

I would let you know what bucks are top end in my neck of the woods, if I didn't fear that duke or justin would want to come hunt my areas! J/K, every year there are some 2hundos killed within about 25 miles, and I usually here of a couple booners killed close, but average bucks are 130s and 140s, and you see quitea few headturners at 150 and 160. I hunt in North Carolina by the way, had to change locations!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Dear Duke,
You must be smarter than that, the above in bold type is what the entire thread is about.

You can comprehend can't you?
Greg.. all I got to say is you are awesome. You are kinda like arguing with my wife.. we get on a subject.. and then you go and change it. I realize what the thread was about.. Justin and I were merely discussing Lake county with you. I am sorry for your confusion.. I thought it was very clear. Again.. I apologize.

Like, fighting, with my wife.. I feel the need to actually make sense.
Duke,
You happen to be just like my GF, except that you're easier. She likes to jump off topic like you guys did and she avoids getting back on topic like you do. The only difference is............ she don't apologize!

Some day I hope you regain your senses, you must feel awful.[&o]
Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get em Greg get em....lol
Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Central NY - 130s is a top end deer, I've seen one in 25 years.

Every year in my general area -someone takes a 140s or 150s - but it usually comes from an area bordering a protected spot (like a state park not open to hunting).

Our soils are such (uplands) - that 3-1/2 year old deer are usually around 100" to 120".

Some of the lower land farms - can produce 150s bucks in the same age class.

FH
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

I would say there are a bunch of 130-140s but if you hunt hard you will have oppoertunities at a 160. Of coures there are the 170-180 deer on the eastern shor but I, unfortuanatly have nevere had an opportunity like that yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I hunt a 110"+ is a REAL good one. County record (entered) with a bow was 136" last I checked.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Site Bouncer

I'd say the areas I hunt are like night and day yet both are in Illinois. Down south in the Shawnee National Forest where I hunt in Hardin Co. (12mi from KY) I'd say 140-150 is a top end buck. There is just too much big forest and not as much agriculture to consistently produce monster bucks. Sure I bet a few 160 and up have been taken but 140-150 is top end for that area based on what I've seen over the years.

Up north where I hunt (Will & Cook) I've seen some very nice bucks and I'd guess a top end buck for the areas I hunt inwould bein the 170+ range. Lots ofagriculture with just the right amount of forest and in the case of Cook Co. very little hunting pressure as most of it is Forest Preserve that you can't hunt.[:@]

If someone killed a 170+ deer in Hardin Co. folks would be in awe, if a 170+ were killed up here I don't think it would surprise too many people.

Quick Reply: Top end bucks in your area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.