Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a Bowtech...now I really want one >

Shot a Bowtech...now I really want one

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a Bowtech...now I really want one

Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Shot a Bowtech...now I really want one

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse to check on an sts for my PSE Bruin....well they didnt have one so I was looking around. One of the guys at the archery counter asked if I needed help and I told him I was just goofing off. He was like well since your goofing off and it seems you have some time to kill step back here and shoot a few bows with me. I really didnt want to shoot the Bowtech because i knew what would happen. Well I was right!! I am so impressed with the Guardian, man that sucker is a Cadillac!! I didnt realize how loud my pse is or how much hand shock it has or how slow it actually is. The gentleman at the archery counter knew what he was doing and I fell into his trap.....but thats fine with me.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Shot a Bowtech...now I really want one

Compared toa PSE Bruin............any new bow would feel like a cadi

Just kidding man.............it's great to make a major upgrade.........you only get to do it once though.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats.

My Guardian will be here in a couple days (Actually...it's my son's bow). I made the "mistake" of shooting one a year or so ago.....and now I own 3 (bowtechs).

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you did indeed buy one Congrats! Can I just say I should be shooting my General by the end of January! I can not wait!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sometimes that's all it takes. When I purchased my Allegiance I shot the "big 3" and a couple models. I choose the Allegiance over the others because I felt it was the best bow out of all of them "for me". I was just telling Jeff earlier now that I shoot my General and then shoot the Allegiance how much less the hand shock and noise it. The Allegiance was quiet too. I was shooting indoor when a husband and wife came in and started shooting their Switchbacks...I heard him comment to his wife how much quieter my Allegiance was than their Switchbacks and I smiled and said, and that quietness is sending them downrange at 305 fps, his jaw dropped open.

The General and Guardian are even quieter.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I just always assumed that my bow was shooting 260-270...boy was I wrong. I want to take it in and put it through a chrono to see exactly where it is, but i bet its more like 230ish. Its funny I talked to my stepbrother and the same exact thing happend to him, he shot the guardian and he bought it that day. He wasnt even looking to upgrade. He actually got his wife a diamond a few weeks later. I want to shoot the 82nd, 101st and the Diamond Marquis before I decide on one.

I have a hot tub that I have always thought about selling because we never use it...it will be up for sale here in a few days!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I did the same thing at my local bowtech dealer. I shot the guardian and was amazed, the speed and silence was something else.I only have my PSE to compare it to so i plan on shooting a Hoyt and Matthews and some other bowsbefore I buy a new bow, but they have an uphill battle.The only thing I didn't understand at the bowtech dealer was I wanted to try the allegiance and the dealer was doing all he could to steer me away from it.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

about 1 month ago I had decided on getting a drenalin, local dealers (within 200 miles)did not not have them in stock. I had read about the new bowtech bows, liked what i read about the general. then while on Sunday drive (700 mile boat hunting trip ) stoped at proshop (160 miles from home) that handled Bowtech shot The General and it followed me home[8D], wife did not know till next morning what a nice early Christmas present she got me, she even got me a very nice SKB case.
Anyway it shoots like a dream so quiet and i shoot better than i did with my old Mathew ICON that was a great bow....my son is shooting that one.
new "used" boat followed me home next day
good luck on the sale of the hot tub.....sale of my big boat made those new toys possible
Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I did that once, too...
Old 01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since I shot my 1st Bowtech in 03 I've been hooked. I always say shooting one sells it. That's the reason my Bag target stays in the back of my truck. Anytime, anywhere someone wants to shoot one of my bows, I'm Ready!!

Unless I'm in a Treestand

Dan

Quick Reply: Shot a Bowtech...now I really want one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.