Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The last hoorah for Illinois bow season >

The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Old 01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Ok guys we have 10 days left. Just curious who is gonna give it that last ditch effort. Also hows everyones luck been this year. Any booners down and if so what part of the state. I got to draw back on a nice 8 pointer last weekend but got busted by a doe, so I shot her. Other than that been slow, Ive shot a few does and one nice turkey thats it. Good luck to those who are going out this weekend.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Still giving it hell here....seen my first nice buck all year last Saturday eve., although he busted me walking to my stand....it's been one tough year for me...buckwise that is. Good luck to everyone else still plugging away.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out, hopefully tomorrow if this tornadic weather would get out of here. I need to try out my new Predator Fall Gray camo that I recieved today.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting hard with the exception of a day here and there... took two does on two hunts in a row last week, and would have made it three in a row but for my first clean miss (and by that meaning it was ALL me -- no twigs or whatever) in I-don't-know-how-many years. Misjudged my yardage in the fading light...

After I get back from working the ATA show, I'll be out that Monday and Tuesday.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about that Greg, its ok though. Everyone is entitled to a miss evey now and then. Im usualy good for one a year, at least. Suprisingly it didnt happen this year, well not on deer at least. Missed one turkey and a squirrel but thats not too bad.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

I went out Sat and bumped 5-6 does/fawns going to my stand[:@]. They were bedded in the fence row that I walk down to get to my stand. Around 4:30 two small ones snuck up behind me @ 15 yrds, no shot. Later as I lowered my bow I look back behind me and seen around 8 more, they were around 40 yrds out, still no shot. I waited till it was almost dark and headed for the truck. The wind wasn't in my favor, I think they new something wasn't right, but not spooked to bad. Try to get back out if this nasty weather passes, maybe get a better wind. Got a 9 point and mature doe at my other hunting spot this year. Last few times there I have not seen anything. Would like to get one more before season ends!
Good luck to all that are stillhanging in there!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a nice buck back in Nov. I plan on making one more trip this weekend to see if I can fill my doe tag.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did have a first happen to me weekend before last. I was hunting one of my food plots on Saturday night. Its roughly an acre of ultra forage and forage oats, but I had 15 does, small bucks and yearlings come out feeding and I decided to shoot the biggest doe before they got down wind of me. Made a perfect shot at 22yards and waited till dark to get her, which was only about an hour or so. By the time I found her the coyotes had already had their fill. Never had it happen before, not to mention have it happen that fast.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM

Ya Iam still lookin to fill that last doe tag myself. Looks like this weekend is the last for me since I go to school down in STL and wont be able to hunt only Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully i can get that last doe. Well good luck to the rest of u.

[/align]
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

All the deer on the public land near my house have moved in with the morlocks in underground tunnels. They've been down there for the past month. I think they even took the turkeys with them.

I have a little patch of private land about an hour away but I can't get in there when it's this muddy. [&o][&o]

Oh well. We did go bowfishing on Saturday. [8D]

Quick Reply: The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.