Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your equipment era? >

Your equipment era?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
recurve/longbow
29.23%
compound(but shot fingers & aluminums)
32.31%
Compound (shooting a release and/or carbons)
33.85%
Other
4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Your equipment era?

Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your equipment era?

Went from a Mid 70 compound shooting fingers to a compound with all the gadgets to recurves and longbows. Now I make my own all wood bows (selfbows)
Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started shooting a recurve in "68" I went back a couple of years before I switched to Bowtech, I think it was 2000. I shot and hunted with a custom made recurve and it was fun, but I doubt I will ever go through that phase again

Dan
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

First bow was a Jennings Black Bear ( I think??) in 1987. Bought a whitetail 2 in 1991, then a Golden Eagle in 1997. Shot fingers with the first 2, had an overdraw on the Golden Eagle.Since then I've had several bows and have been shooting the Mathews since 2003. Its old and outdated by todays standards LOL.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 AM

First bow was a PSE Sonic....from there to Bear Grizzly II, Several Hoyt's, several High Country's.. (still have two)...currently Mathews Switchback which I plan to use for many years.

All are compounds...shot fingers with a Fab Tab until 97.....still like shooting with fingers
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

My 1st hunting bow was a Martin Lynx at age 12, my first bow period was a recurve. Dad had his hands full with me and my brother, we were shooting our little recurves at 3 years old. When I shot compound I shot fingers, never would I shoot a release. I used aluminum arrows then and still do now with my recurve.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Mobow -those NoGlove thingies: I just put a set on my new recurve b/c I used them back in the day on my old recurve and Whitetail bow. Believe it or not - they still sell them at Cabelas.
yer kiddin me???
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

wrist rocket sling shot, ball bearings

#3 Actually I picked up Bowhunting only several years ago.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

My first real bow was a Browning Explorer recurve, but I didn't hunt with it because I didn't feel good enough. The next year after it broke, I bought a new PSE Proficientcy(4 wheeler with brackets) for something like $120 and killed my first deer on October 17, 1977. Could only get one deer permit at the time. I was 23 yrs. old.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

My first real bow was a Browning Explorer recurve, but I didn't hunt with it because I didn't feel good enough. The next year after it broke, I bought a new PSE Proficientcy(4 wheeler with brackets) for something like $120 and killed my first deer on October 17, 1977. Could only get one deer permit at the time. I was 23 yrs. old.
I remember the days of only one Deer permit wellI also remember never seeing another Bowhunter in the woods all season

Dan
Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

First bow I ever had was a Jennings Forked Lightning, shot fingerswith Aluminum arrows. I hate to admit this, but my target was a paper plate and two hay bails.[&:]I look back at those days now andam really glad I never had a shot at anything. In 1996 I bought a Jennings Machined Extreme XLR (41" axle to axle),used a release, but still shot aluminum arrows. Killed my first deer with this bow, and actually still have it today.

Today I shoot a Bowtech Allegiance and carbon arrows, I'mjust amazed how far technology has come in a short time frame.

Brian

Quick Reply: Your equipment era?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.