HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Confused Newbie! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/225433-confused-newbie.html)

MeanV2 01-06-2008 07:19 PM

RE: Confused Newbie, Matthew, Bowtech or Hoyt

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

Anyone know if there is a big difference in the 2007's and 2008's Bowtech Guardians?
As far as I know the only difference is the Invelvet finish, black cams, and availble color options. Also standard color this year is HD Green, last yearyou payed extra for that. That's it to my knowledge;)

Dan

LostInWoods 01-06-2008 07:26 PM

No speed difference?

MeanV2 01-06-2008 07:29 PM

No speed difference?
Nope!:D

Dan

LostInWoods 01-07-2008 04:23 PM

MeanV2 or another Bowtech guy...I think I decided on getting a Bowtech Guardian or Allegiance. Any thoughts on the 2? Also, what about the difference between the speed and smooth cams? Is the difference worth giving up the speed? Any other info I'd appreciate. Thanks

MeanV2 01-07-2008 04:42 PM

MeanV2 or another Bowtech guy...I think I decided on getting a Bowtech Guardian or Allegiance. Any thoughts on the 2? Also, what about the difference between the speed and smooth cams? Is the difference worth giving up the speed? Any other info I'd appreciate. Thanks
You have narrowed it down to my 2 favorites to date. If I had to choose between them?? Hard question!! I had hunted with the Allegiance since 05, but I finished this season packing the Guardian. The speed is nice but the shootability, shock free, and low noise of the Guardian finallywon meover. It is just a down right Blast to shoot. As far as the draw of the 2 it wouldn't make me a nickels worth of difference, on the Ally I always shot the speed mods. Like I have said before the draw of a bow is the last thing I worry about because your body quickly adjusts to it. The back wall on the Ally is a tad more solid, but the Guardian is plenty solid for me.

LIW you really can't go wrong with either one, but if I had to make a choice I would probably pick the Guardian for most of the hunting I do, which is short range and out of a treestand or blind;)

I hope this helps!:D

Dan

LostInWoods 01-07-2008 04:46 PM

Yes it does, thanks again!

LostInWoods 01-07-2008 08:00 PM

Are Bowtech bows like the Guardian harder to work on because of the shape/design?

MeanV2 01-07-2008 08:06 PM

Are Bowtech bows like the Guardian harder to work on because of the shape/design?
Actually you can work on the Guardian without a press. Basic bow mechanics are pretty much the same.
Keep us informed LIW;)

Dan

LostInWoods 01-07-2008 08:15 PM

I overheard some guys talking at the bow shop today about how they just kept upping the poundage on their bows and they were able to get more out of themthan the specs said.Forexample, one guy said he got his 70# bow up to like 78# or something.I thought maybe it would be go a couple of pounds over but 10!? Is that safe to do if it lets you?

twildasin 01-08-2008 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: buck_master_101

Most everyone on here is going to tell you to shoot them yourself and decide on your on, but just for some tips i think the Bowtech Generel is th new hot bow for your criteria, a completley silent shot, and you feel nothing whe you let the string go, just what ive herd though. BTW welcome:)
X2 ...Mine is on order!!