Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows and Broadheads >

Arrows and Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows and Broadheads

Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrows and Broadheads

What's the best arrows and broadheads. I'm 13 and my dads going to buy me a Diamond Edge.I needallthe help i can get. Ihave to buy the arrows and broadheadsso if u have prices that would be great too.I dont need anything expensive.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arrows and Broadheads

I shoot Nitro Stinger arrows because they are a fairly inexpensive carbon. If you are looking for a cheap, reliable broadhead, Thunderhead is the only way to go. I shot them for years and killed a heck of a lot of deer with them. I recently switched to Spitfire XP's, don't ask me why, they kill deer just the same as a Thunderhead, but they do cost quite a bit more. Good luck man, bowhunting is a great sport.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Most any of the name-brand carbon arrows made today are an excellent choice and will hold up very well to practice shooting without needing to be straightened. Make sure you get the right spine stiffness for your bowand get them cut to the appropriate length for your draw.
As far as broad heads go, ask5 people and you'll probably get5 different answers. A short, small diameter fixed blade headsuch as a Slick-Trick or NAP Nitron will fly nearly identical to a field point as will most of the mechanical heads without needing to change your pins for hunting. Do a search here as there are quite a few threads regarding broadhead choice.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Arrow are the most important part of good shooting. Bad arrows are wrong size of arrow you will not shoot good. I would go with a good carbon arrow they will out last the aluminums maybe cost a little more, but if you don't lose them you have them for a long time. Go to a pro shop for help on arrows, your set up and they will have you shooting better in a short time. A pro shop can be a real short cut to learning how to shoot good and learning more about archery and bowhunting.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM

I would recommend the Easton ST Excel arrows and the Muzzy 100 grain three blade broadheads. Very good value and proven effectiveness.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

When it comes to Broadheads I always suggest a 3 blade Cut On Contact head. I myself shoot a 3 blade Magnus Snuffer and love it! Give the 3 blade Cut On Contact heads a good look, not just the head I shoot but other 3 blades as well. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.american-hunter.com/broadheads/broadhead_test.htm

Lots of good broadhead info - at least if you hunt tires.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

So are 3 blade broadheads the best.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

For a compound, a three blade fixed head will probably be what you are looking at. Thunderheads, Muzzy's, they are fairly cheap, and probably within your budget. Pick the one that shoots best for you. Buy some, shoot them, take them hunting, if you don't like them, buy something different next time. Just make sure and resight your bow everytime you change anything. Good luck bud.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:25 PM

i use the cabelas stalker extreme carbon arrowswith blazers. you can get a dozen for about $66. if i were you i would shoot a cut-on contact head like the magnus stinger or buzz cut. lifetime warranty and be resharped

Quick Reply: Arrows and Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.