Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3D shoot tonight.. >

3D shoot tonight..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D shoot tonight..

Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 3D shoot tonight..

ORIGINAL: buck_master_101

Im intrigued by BT but tell me this,,, how long would it take to learn one and how many times would i bust myself in the nose?

Nock on wood , I've never busted myself in the nose.

I first tried it a few months ago and thought it was "ok".

I didn't want to keep shooting it, so I went through a couple different Thumb triggers on my "punching" parade. I wouldn't neccessarily "punch" them all but I would anticipate. I finally got fed up and switch the complete backtension. I've been shooting it for a few weeks now, and I like it, ALOT. My scores have really taken a jump. My release of choice right now is a Scott Longhorn Pro Advantage. I love it.

Aaron, I'll let you shoot mine whenever we get together and shoot.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

How does a BT release work?

Mat
Old 01-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

A BT release is a triggerless release. It works off a half moon inside the release. Some may refer to it as a "hinge" style release. There are a few different ways you can shoot them. Most of them have a "thumb post" to hold onto when you draw. You want to draw with your thumb and index finger.

There are a few different ways to shoot them, some people shoot it by taking there thumb off the post and reulling with their middle and ring finger, while relaxing their pointer finger. Some will shoot them by just pulling their guts out and not taking their thumb off the post, and having the release set up a little lighter.

This is the exact one I shoot, the three finger model.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mighty fine shooting Matt Man you have an awesome place to shoot. Thats one of the prices i pay for living in the boon docks,I would have to drive 35 miles to get to a range like that []excellent pics by the way
Old 01-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

excellent pics by the way

I had to play with the new camera too

Old 01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you find that the BT releases are hard to get used to? I'm currently shooting a wrist style release and I want to buy a new one but not sure if i should get a thumb release or a BT.

Mat
Old 01-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Do you find that the BT releases are hard to get used to? I'm currently shooting a wrist style release and I want to buy a new one but not sure if i should get a thumb release or a BT.

Mat
They can be frustrating at first, but so are thumb releases (ask GMMAT). The correct answer here probably is that with a thumb style release you can employ backtension and then you can still hunt with it too. For me, backtension was the way to go, but I went through my fair share of releases to get to the backtension. I would probably suggest trying a couple before you buy, or buy some used ones. You can usually pick up some cheap BT's for around 50 bucks over on the "other" site. For hunting, I will continue to use a wrist strap release, just because it's easier to use.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok great thanks for your help. I think i will go to a pro shop and try a few different releases.

Mat
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Great Shooting!!

Hey... Can ya tell me where you got those bow hangers? Pretty cool and compact. We could use a few of those up here........
Old 01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BullRider115

Great Shooting!!

Hey... Can ya tell me where you got those bow hangers? Pretty cool and compact. We could use a few of those up here........
I'm pretty sure we had a guy make them for us.

Quick Reply: 3D shoot tonight..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.