Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the most unique thing you've ever found in the woods? >

What's the most unique thing you've ever found in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the most unique thing you've ever found in the woods?

Old 12-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What's the most unique thing you've ever found in the woods?

Other than Bigfoot and Mt. Lions in PA I mean.........I'm talking like objects or little oddities.

I remember myjunior year in high school I was hunting a woodlot not far from my home in south eastern PA after school and saw something shiny at the base of tree off in the distance. (No it wasn't a UFO )
It looked so out of place where it was that I had to check it out.

When I got there I could see it was a deflated shiny mylar balloon tangled in some brush and it had a string with a laminated card attached to it.
Turns out it was from a little 8 yr old kid in a town in Western Iowa who was part of a baloon launch with his class.
The card read:
"My name is Little Johnny (don't remember his name), and if you find this balloon would you please send this card back to me at......:"

I thought that was pretty cool so I took the card home and wrote him a little letter (pre-email so yeah a real letter with a stamp and all![:-]) showing on a map exactly where I found his balloon.

A few weeks later I got a letter from the little guy thanking me that he had won his contest because his was the only balloon returned complete with little hand drawings of Bart Simpson on the white lined notebook paper.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's the most unique thing you've ever found in the woods?

This post was made a lil' while ago. It got pretty interesting. One guy even found a dead body from a guy who had been missing since turkey season.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:40 PM

That's pretty cool Matt. I've been a part of many a balloon launch in my younger years, and never had one returned. I'm sure they all just ended up in a pond or something.....

I guess the strangest thing I've ever found was a boot. Just one boot, lying in the middle of the woods. I'm just glad there wasn't a body attached to it....[:'(]
Old 12-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

3 years ago while scouting in a landowners pasture I found a flat grave stone with a soldiers name. It said he died in the War of 1812. Really cool and pretty much nobody knows its there except for the current landowner and a few other people. What was nice is that someone had updated the flat marker. I'd have to look real hard to find it again.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i remember this thread and lots of drug things were found lol. but for me i gues treestands or and old old turned over car in a creek also a grave and a hobo hut as i call them lol and a cool glass bubbler to smoke
Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

A couple of years ago there was some bad tornadoes(sp?) is Kansas and about every time i went out turkey hunting that year you would alway find something. Like i found checks,playing cards,pictures and a bunch of other stuff i don't remember.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found this tomahawk head a few years ago. The only one like it I have ever seen. I just have to ask myself, how in the heck did they ever make that with no modern tools. And what happened to the guy who made it. Why was it laying out in the field where I found it.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now thats a cool find Jimbuck. The best thing I ever found was a one hundred dollar bill laying on the forest floor while riding my horse on a scouting trip. I don't have a clue how it got there but it was a nice surprise.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

About the best thing I've ever found wasmy favorite hunting knife that I lost the year before.... happy about that! [8D]

JMB....one of the farms I hunt on, the farmer has a tomohawk head similar to yours....and lots of arrowheads. They've also found civil war items, buttons, coins, bullets, etc....cool stuff.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I found this tomahawk head a few years ago. The only one like it I have ever seen. I just have to ask myself, how in the heck did they ever make that with no modern tools. And what happened to the guy who made it. Why was it laying out in the field where I found it.

me and my family have been into indian artifacts ever since way back when. i personally have found 1 and some relatives have found some like that. they are worth something but not a lot. i think its really cool. congrats. most of ours come out of kentucky

Quick Reply: What's the most unique thing you've ever found in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.