Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 string loop on hunting bows >

string loop on hunting bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

string loop on hunting bows

Old 12-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: string loop on hunting bows

i put one on years ago and naver looked back . i love it . i have had zero problems with one. Much easier on you string . a lot easier to change and a lot cheaper to
Old 12-31-2007, 02:40 PM

untill I bought a new bow alot of new "stuff" was of no intrest to me. now Ive bought carbon arrows, using string leach type silencers insted of cat whiskers, tied on nocks, fiberoptic sights, but still use rubber tube peep alignment set up(so far) so that is why the intrest in the loop
Old 12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had the same string loop on for two years and it works fine...not torn up or anthing. Just make sure you spread the loop out when you hang it up in the tree so you can quickly attach your release to it...it is really not a problem.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: janesburg

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

I usually go through 2-3 string loops per bow string. The loop absorbs a lot of wear and tear that the string would receive otherwise.
I just started shooting a loop this spring and like it alot. I didn't realize they wore out that much. That seems like alot. Is this a common thing?
Obviously, I don't know how often this person replaces their bowstring (everyone varies... well travelled pro shooters are at least once a year if they know what's best for their equipment), but ifthey're "average" than they'reprobably getting 2 to 3 years out oftheir strings which would meanthey're a "loop a year" person. (As am I.)
Old 01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use one
Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was hesitant going to a loop a few years back. Have no regrets. I’ve also done away with the tubing peep, and that may have been the single best thing I ever did to my hunting bow.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Site Buck Guru

Never used a string loop and don't use peep tubing, Just adjust the string so the peep lines up. If I switch to a caliper release I'll probably try a string loop.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt be without my loop
Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The trick is to use the good, stiffcamo colored loop material, not that limp white stuff, and keep it heavily waxed. The wax will keep the release from wearing on the material for longer life,and it will keep the loop stiff and open for quick hookups.

Quick Reply: string loop on hunting bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.