Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
what is Archerytalk?
11.83%
i still use it
40.86%
never joined but know what it is
25.81%
i quit using it
20.43%
banned?
1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

ArcheryTalk.com

Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ArcheryTalk.com

There are some quality bow hunters at that site.There, justlike here you get the same five guys starting topics every day thatare really just useless rambling. They scratch theirheads for an hour trying to figure out what their next useless post of the day will be, then get 10 pages of useless responses. Thank God for PM's because thats where I have actually learned a ton and gained some pretty good friendships over the years. Just figure out who is like minded and converse with them. I spend more time on HNI though.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I remember a massive flame-war (I saw it before the member was banned and the thread was deleted) on Archery Talk.

Two guys had a virtual go at it in that siteand neither would back down. One was a serious, big time, archer, 3D competitor, all sorts of stuff. But hewas also rude and slammed anyone and everyone who also used a rifle or shotgun. The other guy was a bowhunter and also had a muzzleloader and shotgun. It got more and more heated and then the mods stepped in to warn them to stop. Then, the bowhunter/firearm guy said something like, "maybe the reason you are so anal about archery and putting everyone else down, is because you slapped your wife around and got a domestic assault charge, and now you CAN'T own a firearm!" Ouch.... [&:]

I don't know what became of them, but, after that, Archery Talk left me with a bad taste. I don't even go to the main Archery forum because of all the so called "eliteists".

I will visit a local virginia deer hunting site www.vadeer.comor I'll visit www.precisionhuntingandfishing.com too. I'll visit a waterfowl site like www.refugeforums.com but for me, HNI will always be "home". It is the #1 site out there. Check the internet hit counters. HNI rocks!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

For the most part, if it's not Martin, it shouldn't be there is what I've read. I find AT full of lies and misinformation, pot stiring and intentional slammings, prejiduces (Sp), elitists and favoritisms.
That about sums it up for me too.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I visit here and there. I do like the harvest threads.
Many people on that site way to degrading for my taste. They think everyone hunts the midwest and has the ability to pass on certain deer, etc.
Different ball game from the state land here.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

IMO there isn't that big of a diffrence between the two..I will admit that I spend more time over @ AT though..Biggest reason is I dont like the layout of this forum..I have a hard time navigating around..The layout @ AT is very simalr to all the other archery forums that I'm a member at...I know no one cares but..no spell check drives me crazy..Unless i want to copy and paste into a word document...Also how the heck does one tell if they have read or posted in a thread already?

But who really cares it isnt a populartiy contest..Between all the sites that I'm a member at I normally find the answers that I'm looking for..
Old 12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Spike

It is no different than this site. Same drama and same bs...just way more members and that is why it seems like there is more drama. I get what I need out of both sites. Honestly though, I use AT way more than here.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still read some posts over there. In fact, they just ran a pretty cool contest before Christmas asking guys to write 'What archery means to me'. They had a ton of sponsors give prizes, and I was lucky enough to win a dozen carbon express arrows.

With that said, there is no other site like this one. Theypeople on here respect each other and accept the other bows (even if they are Bowtechs or Mathews) . Just kidding.There are great people tolearn fromand share your stories with.

Congrats everyone on making this place home.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:02 PM

I go to AT about once a week. I use their classified too.
I like it here alot more. There are so many on AT. It's hard to get a handle on what's going on and there is alot of bashing.
HNI is more like talking w/ friends. A little smaller community is better and there is more respect here.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pops423

I still read some posts over there. In fact, they just ran a pretty cool contest before Christmas asking guys to write 'What archery means to me'. They had a ton of sponsors give prizes, and I was lucky enough to win a dozen carbon express arrows.

With that said, there is no other site like this one. Theypeople on here respect each other and accept the other bows (even if they are Bowtechs or Mathews) . Just kidding.There are great people tolearn fromand share your stories with.

Congrats everyone on making this place home.

Yo Pops, since they were free could I get six of them from ya??? I wonder why Justin is such a tight wad.[:'(][:'(]