Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Alpha question >

Lone Wolf Alpha question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Alpha question

Old 12-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Lone Wolf Alpha question

You guys that have one and the LW sticks how do you carry the sticks with the stand. I know what the web site video shows but when Iwrap the bottom strap around the bottom 2 times andfigure 8 that top strap like they show the stand opens up. For me that does not hold the standand seat poleclosed. Am I doing something wrong here? What I do is just run both straps from the stand aroundthe standand sticksand through the backpack strapsso you can still put it on your backand it all is held tight together.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lone Wolf Alpha question

Do you have the seat facing downward? I pack mine just like the video demonstrated and it works great.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure the seat faces down when you put it on your back. I started using this way of strapping this season and it's awesome. Love that everything is built right into the stand.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a rubber bungee cord. I lay it on the stand, lay the stacked sticks on it and in the proper spots on the stand and then bring one side of the bungee up and over to the other side of the stand and hook it. Then I bring the other side of the bungee up and over while stretching it and hook it to the other side. It probably takes less than a minute to do this and it is quiet while packing the setup. I also take my pack and hook the shoulder straps over the top part of the stand and then it lays against the sticks. That way I can carry the stand, sticks and pack very comfortably for long distances (1.2 miles one wayis the longest so far).

If you think pictures would help I'll take some later today and post them.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just strap the sticks to the stand by putting the strap thru the cells in the stand then back to the button, quick and easy, never had a problem!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Rick, I use the Assault so its basically strapping and packing the same. Too much trouble for me using the stand straps. I simply use two bungi cords and criss cross them in an X pattern with the X just below a versa button. No way can it slip down and fast and easy to attach/detach. Quiet too.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Some people turn the sticks on the side. Might work great but don't find I need to. I assume you carry the stand with the seat down. Pic 2:

Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I havn't put the backpack straps on because I am getting the padded ones so I havn't had the setup on my back yet. I just found that when I picked the setup up it unfolded if I did it the Lone Wofe way. Useing their straps is good for getting the straps out of the way but I think I will use bungle cords.
Greg (Couger) how do you keep the straps quiet?
Old 12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Greg (Couger) how do you keep the straps quiet?
The straps connecting the stand to the tree or the stick straps? I keep the stand straps rolled up in my fanny pack. I never worried about the stick straps, mine make no noise while carrying............make sure you wrap each strap around the bottom v-bracket, attach other loop end to versa button and pull tight. I've not had any of my straps making noise while packing the stand.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Greg, the stand straps. Didn't even think of removing them[&:], not all thatfamiliarr with this stand yet. I do wrap the stick straps like they say. Thanks.