HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   gun fire when i was bow hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/224784-gun-fire-when-i-bow-hunting.html)

buckhunterjm 12-29-2007 06:23 PM

gun fire when i was bow hunting

i was bow hunting in pa today, when someone on the hill above me started shooting automatic weapen all around me. hitting a tree 10 ft. away i yald to stop over & over after about 100 rounds they stoped. i got out of the stand and started walking away from were they were shooting & they started shooting. shoots hiting around me, i yald to stop all they could say was sarry.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-29-2007 06:33 PM

RE: gun fire when i was bow hunting

ORIGINAL: buckhunterjm

i was bow hunting in pa today, when someone on the hill above me started shooting automatic weapen all around me. hitting a tree 10 ft. away i yald to stop over & over after about 100 rounds they stoped. i got out of the stand and started walking away from were they were shooting & they started shooting. shoots hiting around me, i yald to stop all they could say was sarry.
Okay for NON PA guys, I'll try to translate. [8D]

weapen means weapon.
yald means yelled.
stoped means stopped.
shoots hiting means shots hitting.
sarry means sorry.

Okay, carry on. I hope that helps some of you understand it better. ;) [8D]

buckhunterjm 12-29-2007 06:35 PM

you must be from pa. it shows

Buffinator 12-29-2007 06:39 PM

pretty scary. i think i'd be looking for a new hunting spot.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-29-2007 07:50 PM

LOL, what gave it away, my username or my knowledge of redneckbonics..LOL [8D] Of course I jest, and by the way, welcome to the forums.

Schultzy 12-29-2007 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Buffinator

pretty scary. i think i'd be looking for a new hunting spot.
Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me!

indianahunter83 12-29-2007 08:29 PM

I love hearing slug guns going off out of firearm season. Do these people really think you can't tell the difference between a muzzleloader and a shotgun.

NCRemington700 12-29-2007 08:33 PM

I'm glad you didn't get hurt. I know what you were feeling hearing those shots. Probably about 10 years ago my dad and I were doing some scouting/squirrel hunting on some public land here in NC. Our car was parked RIGHT where we walked in to the woods near the pond. By the time we were walking out we were hearing shots, from a .22. As we were walking down the access road there were rounds wizzing through the trees very close to us. We hollered but to no avail. Luckily we are both here to talk about it today. See it's not only in PA that people don't pay attention when shooting!

PreacherTony 12-29-2007 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

LOL, what gave it away, my username or my knowledge of redneckbonics..LOL [8D] Of course I jest, and by the way, welcome to the forums.
Rob ... be careful!!! there are those that will want to crucify you because of your jesting [8D]

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-29-2007 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Rob ... be careful!!! there are those that will want to crucify you because of your jesting [8D]
How true Tony not to mention just because of the title and.... just because. [&:]