Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for a new bow >

Looking for a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a new bow

Old 12-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for a new bow

Just wanted some opinions. I am thinking of purchasing a new bow. Which one do you recommend? I am not wanting to pay too much (less than 500). I have some gift cards I can use to put the accessories on the bow with. I need about a 65# and 27-28inch draw. I am currently shooting aPSE. I like it, just wanting to upgrade.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a new bow

Diamond bows have always caught my eye and I am pretty sure that will be the next bow that I buy. But my Merlinis only 7 years old and still shooting straight so maybe in a few years I will get one.....
Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 AM

IMO: I wouldn't go shopping for a particular brand. I know most hunters are very brand loyal and tend to recommend what they shoot, but your best buy is the bow that YOU like the best. Shoot several brands in your price range and the one that feels best to you is the one you should take home. I really thinkall name brand bows are very comparable within price breaks, just find the one you prefer.

I shoot a63# 28" draw bow and I looked atBowtech, PSE, and Martin. I ended up with the Martin Bengal. Good bow for $399.00, but if I was going to buy a $500.00 my selection might have been another brand.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reflex Buckskin, i paid $520 for it with nice sights and quiver. Some people say Reflexs are junk but most of them never shot them! I love mine, very quiet, small, smooth, and fast. I think you should look into it cause i know you'll love it
Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

I have the new Hoyt Vectrix and love it. Make sure you shoot one of these.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:38 AM

Not new, but darn near it. This might be just the ticket for you, and worth considering.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2313544&mpage=1&key=&#253363 2