Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 primos bloodlight >

primos bloodlight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

primos bloodlight

Old 12-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default primos bloodlight

I recieved one of these primos bloodlights as a Christmas gift and I'm not sure how good they are? Anyone used this light and does it work. I really don't need another flashlight, but if it actually works then I'll consider keeping it. Any insight would be great.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:19 PM

Default RE: primos bloodlight

I got one of the Gerber Carnivore bloodlights a few months back - same basic deal. Fortunately, didn't need it as everything I shot this year went down within sight. But I played with it a bit, and it appears to make the color red stand out pretty well.

I have heard some mixed reviews on these lights, though. Red blood on red leaves still doesn't leave you much to pick up with either light. When I bought it, I was kind of expecting something like the lights they use on CSI to find blood traces. Not that good, but better than a regular flashlight IMO.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

PSSSSST, don't tell but I'm getting one too.

Haven't heard from anyone how they work, but it sounds like Primos did some research in developing it. Hopefully it's better than a flashlight. Plus I can keep it charged and ready in my truck.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have one too. I was also anticipating it to be like CSI. But, it really isn't. It does help a little bit when finding blood. It says it won't spook game, but I wouldn't believe it. I raise pheasants, and I went and shinned the light on them. It scared the HELL out of them. But, it might not have the same effect on deer.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My blood trailing cooperative partner has one and he finds some pretty darn small flecks of blood with it. You will still need a good white light to look closely at certain spots/stains to ensure they're blood.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I got a lense cap to put over my flashflight that is for blood tracking, it makes the light blue and i shot a doe this year and it dropped right away but i shined my light on the blood to see what it would look like and all it does is turn the blood black and everything else turns blue so IMO its not worth the money but idk yet.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys for the replies, hopefully some more people will chime in and share their experiences.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Spike

I got one for christmas too...man that thing is brighter than i expected....i made the mistake of looking in the led's ...i'm still seeing spots....i went outside and messed around with it....and it sure seems to make red stuff stand out...don't know about blood but hopefully i'll get a chance to use it soon. The lil dvd that came with it said it actually makes blood stand out at more of a distance like 8 or 10 feet instead of right at your feet....guess this makes sense since the two different colored lights have a chance to spread the sweet spot "yellow" light they produce over a broader area. If worse comes to worse and it really doesn't help at least i have a fairly bright rechargeable light to help me to and from my stand and such!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one for christmas as well. Im looking forward to using it, but hopefullyi dont need it