Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ARROWED, No blood???? >

ARROWED, No blood????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ARROWED, No blood????

Old 12-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default ARROWED, No blood????

just arrowed a big doe, hit looked pretty good at 30 yds
arrow only went in about half way. all i found was a
chunk of hair and a few specals of blood. i think i might
of hit her in the shoulder?? any help appreciated!!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 PM

Default RE: ARROWED, No blood????

Well if it went in half way then u might have blown through that shoulder and hit somewhere inside her chest. If u remember what direction she ran start from where u shot and then kinda follow her trail where she ran and hopefully u find some blood. Good luck with finding her and keep us updated.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Thats what i was kinda thinking the arrow hit the shoulder blade.
But im gonna be out first thing in the morning hopefully find some
blood. Good thing its a big doe and not a big buck i wouldnt be
getting any sleep tonite if that was the case but i always hate
too see one hit and then go too waste. ia
Old 12-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

There's more evidence to every hit than blood! In fact, blood is way down a long list of things I look for after a hit. Whatdid the deer do immediately at the time of the hit? Did it kick a hind leg, jump in the air, run away at a dead sprint or bound away like a normal deer, was the tail up or down, was their a limp or an effort to carry a broken leg, did you hear a loud snap like a broken bone, what about sticks cracking in the direction she ran, what was the hair color left on the ground-brown or white,did the bloodhave any air bubbles in it? This is just a short list of things you can get from the time you release the arrow! Try to think back and you can probably answer some of these questions at home now. If you hone in on some of the feedback of a "hit", you'll become a much better hunter and tracker! Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Look real good in the morning blood sometimes doesn't show for quite aways. If it looked good chances are you will find her.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Shoulder blade on a doe is going to be about 3 inches under the skin. If the arrow went in half way you are way beyond the shoulder bone.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

like the others said, dont give up...if you got that much penetration in her chest, shes dead not far away...if its in her chest..

i absolutely smoked my buck this year. double lung hit and took all the arteries off the top of the heart. he trotted 20yds and tipped over dead. i backtrailed to see the trail/find the arrow that passed through him. there wasnt any blood! honestly there was a few specks within the last 5 foot before he tipped over, other than that i couldnt find any. didnt spend a ton of time looking, but was sorta shocked that there wasnt any. guess by the time blood made it to the holes, it was over for him...

so dont give up...get back out there and find her...go slow and take your time..

good luck
Old 12-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good thing its a big doe and not a big buck
Any deer you shoot at deserves the same respect and effort - if a "big buck" would have you sleepless, so should that doe.
Spend Xmas looking for it.

Steve
Old 12-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

What is your setup, broadhead, angle of shot, deer moving or stationary, which way was the arrow pointed, what are the answers to Hunter 59's questions?

It sounds like you have a quickly dead deer, but there is always more to learn from a partial success than from a completely smooth total success.

Good luck.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Good thing its a big doe and not a big buck
Any deer you shoot at deserves the same respect and effort - if a "big buck" would have you sleepless, so should that doe.
Spend Xmas looking for it.

Steve
Exactly!!

Quick Reply: ARROWED, No blood????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.