Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

P&Y

Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Default P&Y

Does anyone know if it is against Pope & Young rules to use trail cams? It says in the rules no electronic measures to locate game but you all the "pros" using trail cams and boasting P&Y bucks. Does this jive?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: P&Y

Game cameras are legal as long as the photos are not emailed directly to you from the game camera unit. These units are against P&Y rules.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Game cameras are legal as long as the photos are not emailed directly to you from the game camera unit. These units are against P&Y rules.
Exactly right!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 PM

Thanks, that was a cloudy issue for me. I cant afford $600 cams that email pics so that wont be a problem. What about sight's with LED's? Are these illegal for P&Y? Some sights have them installed and some sights like my Summit Hot Dot are "electronic", I'm guessing that these wouldn't be legal for scoring P&Y bucks. Am I right?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: armedic1

Thanks, that was a cloudy issue for me. I cant afford $600 cams that email pics so that wont be a problem. What about sight's with LED's? Are these illegal for P&Y? Some sights have them installed and some sights like my Summit Hot Dot are "electronic", I'm guessing that these wouldn't be legal for scoring P&Y bucks. Am I right?
You are correct, no lights or battery operated sights. Tritium sights are legal however. It is a naturally glowing substance.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:32 AM

great thread about the pope and young rules... if i may .... what if the sight has a light installed but is in the off position while hunting deer ... would this make it safe or still not allowed? thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Good question. There are several sights that the lights are built into them and cant be removed. I wonder if you could just leave the battery out and be OK?
Old 12-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: armedic1

Good question. There are several sights that the lights are built into them and cant be removed. I wonder if you could just leave the battery out and be OK?
Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the rest, can't do,no never, not even close. And if the truck you were driving when you picked up you broadheads was red,you are must deduct four inches from the gross score,unless..............
Old 12-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

While we are on the subject, does P&Y still have the 65% let off rule in effect?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

While we are on the subject, does P&Y still have the 65% let off rule in effect?
P&Y now allows 80% letoff, they will post an asterisk next to your entry to show that the bow you used was 80% letoff. No biggie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.