Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there any good handwarmers? >

Are there any good handwarmers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there any good handwarmers?

Old 12-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are there any good handwarmers?

Won't leave home without them when its cold. They do need air. Never had a problem with them. I have 5 inside pockets sew on my cold weather shirts, 2 in the heart area, 2 on the kidneys and1 at the base of my neck. This system has kept me warm and on stand longer for years!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can't remember the brand but I put 2 one on each side of my back on a hunt this year. Those things cooked from 5 am till after I hit the hay at night. I even put the in the sack with me. I think they were the large Bushmaster's bought at wally world last year on sale.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

I've had the best luck with Grabber Hand Warmers. I've used a couple of other brands, but these seam to work the best for me. I also noticed that when there a year old they seam to be hit or miss as to when they'll work.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I have ever used have worked as advertised. I usually use the Toastie Toes on top of my toes on my undersock, instead of underneath. I have found they burn better. I then put a Smart Wool sock over that. With the Hand warmers I only use the 18 hour ones, and have found when I open them in the morning they are good for the entire day. I also think IMOthey burn better than the smaller ones. They are a great addition for cold weather Bowhunting

Dan
Old 12-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Accully. The problem more than likley isnt the handwarmers... it prolly the fact that they do their job "too well" Your feet and hands are prolly sweating and when that condensation evaporates, it cools the skin wich is why we sweat in the first place, i had a pair of boots with 1000 gram thinsulate, and my feet were cold. so i went ant got 2000gram and my feet were still cold so i jumped to 600 gram and i was set simply because it kept them warm but not too warm. its all about getting that perfect temperature. Evaporation is why we get cold for the most part so you gotta watch overdressing and that type of stuff. Hope that helps, maybe you can try something different.

Ryan.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt in Alberta each Nov and bring a whole box (36?)of those Grabber 24 hour throw away hand warmers. They work GREAT for me. At the end of the day I put them in my boots, which I keep outside. They are still warm the next morning! No lie!! They do need sometime to activate and some air to work properly. A bit of kneading as well. I won't hunt inthe cold without them!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have had my best luck with the Grabbers.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Actually last year I used the Grabber's for my toes and they worked awesome. This year it is hit or miss. Seriously, yesterday, I used them and they never even warmed up, even 30,45minutes later. So I grabbed another and they warmed up but were completely cold in 2 hours.

Now the hothands handwarmers were just kinda barely warm after 4 hours. I do wiggle my toes and have 1 handwarmer in each pocket for my hands. I may have gotten a bad batch of the toewarmers, I have had 2 in the last week that didn't work at all and 2 that didn't stay warm more than 2 hours.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wear a hand muff that hooks around your waist and use with a chemical heater inside. They come with a zippered pouch for extra chemical heaters and a windchecker, etc. With the muff, your hands aren't exposed to the cold until you need to make the shot.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:54 PM

If you don't mind spending the money all at once I would recommend Hotronicsski boot warmers, they are expensive but sports authority had them on salefor $100 this year, I have bought way over that in disposable ones.I talked a friend into buying them this year and he swears he can wear less clothing now. The packs are rechargable and hook right to the top of your boots I even found a similar item that runs on a 9 volt and am installing it on my riser handle of my bow for a heated grip.

edit- ebay has the next model up for $119

This is what Im ordering to use on my bowhandle Toe-sters

Quick Reply: Are there any good handwarmers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.