HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   A sentimental tribute (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/223997-sentimental-tribute.html)

rybohunter 12-23-2007 08:44 PM

A sentimental tribute

I'm not usually one to bring emotional types of posts here, but this morning a man who played a significant influence on my hunting wayof life passed on today and saying a few words may help me feel a little better.

Bob, my dad's cousin lost his fightfrom complications due to lung cancer. He was an avid hunter, and a good all around person. He took my Dad under his wing, and taught him how to hunt, and gave him that passion that got passed along to me. My earliest hunting memories included many times afield with Bob & my Dad. Whether it was spotting with that old homemade light, sighting in our rifles, or setting up drives during our PA gun season, Bob always had an upbeat personality and a story to make you smile. I got to hunt a lot with him during my younger years, but over time things changed and for one reason or another, trips afield with him became less and less. I'd still see him from time to time, andI was always eager to tell him about my latest hunting season. I could ramble on with a million stories of the little things he did to help those around him, whether hunting related or not, but I just felt acknowledging him and sharing his legacy with you guys would be fitting.

So as I sit here teary eyed, I just like to say thanks Bob, for being a part of, and an influence onmy hunting and outdoor way of life. You won't be forgotten.

GMMAT 12-23-2007 08:48 PM

RE: A sentimental tribute

Godspeed, Bob.

Take care Ryan. I hate you lost your friend.

Sincerely....

HuntingBry 12-23-2007 08:50 PM

Rybo, sorry to hear about your loss. Keep his memory alive in your hunts.

atlasman 12-23-2007 08:50 PM

Your memories of time spent together will only become more special as time wears on............sorry for your loss.

I cherish every hunting memory I have as a child and can't imagine the day when the people who fill those memories start to disappear.

Hang in their man.

BowHuntingFool 12-23-2007 08:52 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend! He will always be with you on your hunts, God Bless!

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-23-2007 08:56 PM

As long as you carry him in your heart, he will always be around.

jmbuckhunter 12-23-2007 08:57 PM

Believe me, I know about losing someone important in your life, and I feel your pain man. This time of year makes it that much worse. But as we go on with our lives. We will always keep some of those happy memories of themalive to remember them by. My prayers are with you guys right now.

Take care Ryan.

TJF 12-23-2007 09:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Tim

buttonbuckmaster 12-23-2007 09:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss bro. Hang in there and cherish the memories of past hunts together.

mobow 12-23-2007 09:06 PM

Man I'm sorry to hear that bro. Prayers to you and the family.

buckeye 12-23-2007 09:09 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Ryan. I wish the best to you and yours.

tsoc 12-23-2007 09:18 PM

Hey Ryan,
As the years go by what is increasing clearer to me is that it is all about kindness and unselfishness and sharing.When you have people in your life that have have been that way you have had a real blessing! I am sorry about your loss! Reach out to his family to return the good things he brought to you and incorporate those good things that he brought to you in your interaction with others.Given the person you are saying these things is unnecessary.
I am sorry bud!
Scot

Carpmaster 12-23-2007 09:20 PM

After the initial sadness, you will always feel a warmth when in the woods and you think of this person!

Sorry to hear about your loss!

my7pointmonster 12-23-2007 09:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss buddy. Like Rob said, carry him in your heart, and he will always be around.

Ryan.

Bols 12-23-2007 10:17 PM

I am really sorry to hear about your loss of a close friend. What is great is the fact that this man shared the sport with your father and eventuallyyou! I am sure you will always remember the fond memories of Bob. Thanks for sharingthis with us!

Prayers sent as well!

HNI_Christine 12-23-2007 10:57 PM

So sorry to hear it.

Keep passing on the legacy as he did.

quiksilver 12-23-2007 11:11 PM

Ouch man. Situations like these...we're bound by the English language, where words alone just don't say what you need them to say... All the best man. Keep him close.

LKNCHOPPERS 12-23-2007 11:16 PM

I am sorry for your loss, God Bless Bob.

shawnfogelman 12-24-2007 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'm not usually one to bring emotional types of posts here, but this morning a man who played a significant influence on my hunting wayof life passed on today and saying a few words may help me feel a little better.

Bob, my dad's cousin lost his fightfrom complications due to lung cancer. He was an avid hunter, and a good all around person. He took my Dad under his wing, and taught him how to hunt, and gave him that passion that got passed along to me. My earliest hunting memories included many times afield with Bob & my Dad. Whether it was spotting with that old homemade light, sighting in our rifles, or setting up drives during our PA gun season, Bob always had an upbeat personality and a story to make you smile. I got to hunt a lot with him during my younger years, but over time things changed and for one reason or another, trips afield with him became less and less. I'd still see him from time to time, andI was always eager to tell him about my latest hunting season. I could ramble on with a million stories of the little things he did to help those around him, whether hunting related or not, but I just felt acknowledging him and sharing his legacy with you guys would be fitting.

So as I sit here teary eyed, I just like to say thanks Bob, for being a part of, and an influence onmy hunting and outdoor way of life. You won't be forgotten.
Hey rybo, sorry for your loss, I too feel your pain my friend. Having lost my brother at 45 years old in April of this year and then my Dadin September of this year...:(....sorry, I know how your feeling. Your post was very well done. And I hope that the upcoming year will be a much better one for all of us. Good luck to you.

BigJ71 12-24-2007 01:08 AM

Rybo,

Sorry to read about the passing of your dad's cousin. It's never easy to say good bye. Hold on to those memories and pass "a little of him" down through the generations to come. It would be a fitting tribute to one who did the same for others.

Godspeed Bob.......

MOTOWNHONKEY 12-24-2007 06:45 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss friend. Yours to Shawnfogelman. God bless you both and all of us. Chris

PABuck_HNTR 12-24-2007 06:47 AM

Great Tribute Rybo. I'm sorry about your loss, but remember those great memories will be with you always.

NCRemington700 12-24-2007 06:52 AM

I'm sorry for your loss...God bless.

archer58 12-24-2007 07:24 AM

God will give you strength Ryan. God bless him and you.

Pops423 12-24-2007 08:14 AM

Ryan,

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Denny

Schultzy 12-24-2007 08:21 AM

The many memories you had together can never be forgoten, i'm sure he's damn proud of you! God bless.

Gundeck 12-24-2007 08:21 AM

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Keep the memories and be thankful for them.

nodog 12-24-2007 09:31 AM

This being the christmas season here goes.

1.) with God all things are possible
2.) Jesus, the reason for the season is our ladder to God. He makes it possible for us to talk to Him and I know He is more than capable to get to Bob anything you'd like to say to him.