Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics) >

Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Dam, i had the main beams at 20" and the spread at 16" i usually try and be conservative, people tend to go way over score guessing, in this case i was 12" under gross typical [:@]i suck!! Who's buck Scott????
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Ok, so I'm guessing here. Abnormal points are any points not originating off of the main beam?
No. A Abnormal point can come off of the main beam. An Abnormal point is any point that would not be considered a typical "G" tine. Such as a drop tine or kicker etc....

Also, the differences between right and left are deducted from the overal score for the Typical score and kept in for the non-typical? Are the abnormal points kept in for the typical score as well? I've been adding up some of the numbers in your chart trying come up with that the Gross/Net and typical/non-typical scores include.
Gross typical scoreincludes all typical points, including decuctions that are not considered abnormal points. Abnormal points are never added to the typical score.

Net typical includes all typical points, then subtract all side to side differences andany abnormal points.

Gross non-typical includes every inch of antler no deductions.

Net non-typical includes the gross typical score, minus the side to side differences, but then you add on any abnormal points.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Gross Non-Typical 158 4/8
Net Non-Typical 144 3/8
Gross Typical 151 2/8
Net Typical 137 1/8
Wait a minute......disregard my last post, I nailed it EXACTLY for the score on Non Typical Gross...I said 158 4/8 ! ! !

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/fb.aspx?m=2528252

What do I win Scott?

Nice! I was over by 4/8"

Great post Scott! Very informative and will help a lot of people out.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:19 AM

How would you score this point? As an abnormal or as the G3? I would consider it an abnormal point.......which I believe is correct, but I could be wrong.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Normal I beleive! Its not coming off of a point. It looks as if it was broke.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:40 AM

Steve,

It doesn't have to come off a point to be abnormal, it can come off the mainbeam. Only the tip is broken a little bit, not the whole point.

This is one that has always confused me.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I understand that but its not a kicker IMO.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll ask the guy that does my measuring from the P@Y this question you have. I'll be seeing him late Dec or early Jan when I get my buck measured. I'll let you know!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent post buckeye! This should help alot of people on questions they have regarding scoring and how to do it. Its hard to explain to people but you did an amazing job of it.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dam, i had the main beams at 20" and the spread at 16" i usually try and be conservative, people tend to go way over score guessing, in this case i was 12" under gross typical [:@]i suck!! Who's buck Scott????
About the "suck"..... You said it not me Dinko!

I am going to leave you hanging a bit longer on your other question....That's just how I roll....

How would you score this point? As an abnormal or as the G3? I would consider it an abnormal point.......which I believe is correct, but I could be wrong.
I have no answer for that one.... My gut says it is an abnormal point but I really don't know how it would be officially classified. [&:]
[/align]

Quick Reply: Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.