Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guardian Doubles out of Double Bull in Nebraska >

Guardian Doubles out of Double Bull in Nebraska

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guardian Doubles out of Double Bull in Nebraska

Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Guardian Doubles out of Double Bull in Nebraska

Just got back home from a late season hunt in far Northwestern Nebraska. Iheaded out there to chase late seasonMulies and hoped to get a crack at a Merriam gobbler.There was 7" to 9" snow on the ground and temps ranged from lows below zero to highs up around 20, although one day the high was only 12 degrees. I picked up a Fall Turkey tag because I knew from previous hunts the rough weather would put the Turkeys in where I would be hunting. I shot this Gobbler 1st day out, and even though the tag I got was good for 2 Turkeys I opted to only kill one. I also hadTurkeys all around me on another day.I will be back out there in the Spring to Chase Gobblers again. Believe it or not I heard Several Turkeys Gobbling while I was thereThe Double Bull was a great asset hunting in the cold and windy conditions. My Guardian as has been the case this whole season performed flawlessly.

Dan

Old 12-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guardian Doubles out of Double Bull in Nebraska

Dude nice bird.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Guardian as has been the case this whole season performed flawlessly.
Give yourself the credit.

Congratulations!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Mule Deer were plentiful, hunting all day there wasnever atime that I could not sit and watch Mule Deer at some distant. I was seeing 40 to 60 deer per day and at least 15 or more different bucks per day. The Buck I ended up taking I had passed a marginal shot on the first day. There were a lot of the bucks that were pretty busted up and on the second day I witnessed why, I saw 2 old busted up Warriors go at it only 60 yards from me. I have seen bucks shoving each other around several times in my hunting experiences, but never had I witnessed a fight like these 2 Mulie Bucks engaged in Snow & Fur flying, and Antlers cracking. On the 3rd day at 12:55 PM I had a shot I ranged at 36 yards and was able to slide an arrow in. He was with some Does and was doing a darn good job of keepinghis vitalscovered by at least one doe. Whoops!! He paused and was clear for just a coupleofseconds giving me the chance I needed to get an arrow in his Vitals. He was the best Buck I had seen in over 20 hours in the Double Bull and once again My Guardian performed flawlessly when called on to propel the arrow. I was a Happy Bowhunter when I walked up on him. The only remorse I was having was I was out of Nebraska Mule Deer tags until next year

Old 12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird and the buck. Sounds like a great trip.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

WAY TO GO MAN!!!!

VERY NICE!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

This was not a Guided hunt, but I will mention the landowner went above and beyond what was expected. Taking me and dropping me off and picking me up after dark. The Hot meals he had cooked at night were definitely appreciated as was the joking around and all the conversations we shared. A friend for life

Dan
Old 12-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice double!!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome!! What a hunt. Congrats to you!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's an awesome accomplishment! Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: Guardian Doubles out of Double Bull in Nebraska

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.