Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 FIRST DEER EVER! >

FIRST DEER EVER!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FIRST DEER EVER!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default FIRST DEER EVER!

*** ok heres the story.... My friend and i decide to go up to my land after our last finals today. We ended up getting there around 230. i figured that the deer were going to be heading for the food plots and i was hoping to get a big boy walking threw the draw. This is a very heavily used deer trail, on my way to it there was a huge rub that was worked up most likey this morning..anyways, the only problem was that we had no stand put up on it, and the ground blinds were on the other side of our land so i said to hell with it and grabbed my turkey chair and hoped for the best. I had some estrus scent left so i figure just to take it along so it would make the deer stop right in front of me. Problem #2... the only place i could set up was 9 yards off of this trail... i drenched my self with scent killer and tried to make a poor excuse for cover with a few sticks that were around( ididnt want to make too much noise). So i sat and waited for about 2 hours and just as the son goes down a group of 6 does start making there way too me. I was in no position to draw back because the were on me within seconds... honest to god i was eye level 5 yards away UP WIND!!! of 6 extremely skitish deer...they then make the way to the scent and stop dead in there tracks..crap in seen..nope but i was honestly shaking like a leaf because of adrenaline and 20 degree weather! they notice something moving and keep bobbing there heads right at me. I try not to make eye contact. I was jsut about to cough accidently but i held it back and gulped..when i gulped they jumped and took off about 10 yards. that when to started heading down the trail away from me.. once they werent looking i took the most quiet, slowest draw back ive ever done. This little lady then stepped out, i inspected if it was a button buck, then let the arrow fly at 17 yards... she ran uphill about 60 yards and crashed.. god i jumped up and could barely stand i was shaking so bad!!

Heres pic story to come...double lung/heart at 17 yards..best part was, i wasnt in a treestand or a ground blind, just sitting next to a tree in my ameristep turkey chair.

second pic is entry hole third is exit...blue shows roughly where the shoulder blade is

edit: hold on dont yell at me my computers messing up, pics in a second haha

Old 12-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: FIRST DEER EVER!

exit hole

Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Congrats man, nice shot and nice doe.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!!!

Awesome shot. I've never killed a deer from the ground. That's quite an accomplishment!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Very Nice, Congrats Man!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

This ones just for kicks.... my buddy got his chevy 2500 HD stuck in the mud two nights ago. This is for anyone who says fords are worthless...the old ford f150had to pull the little fella out of the big boys mud pit!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats welcome to the addiction!

Ryan.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Sweet dude!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go, Congrats on your first!

Quick Reply: FIRST DEER EVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.