Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Success"

Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Success"

Nice post Balls. Congrats on your successes in life, you deserve every one of them.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 AM

I understand ya bro!! good job on all fronts!!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on "getting it". Spendinga couple of Christmas seasons eating sand and smelling sea salt taught me what is important.May you have many more "successes" in your life. Thanks for the read and have a wonderful holiday season.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:52 AM

Great post Dave! I would definitely call that a successful season! You didn't tell me Saturday that you'd be graduating that next day. It was my office's Christmas party, so forgive me if you did.

Congrats again! Seems like everything is falling in place for you.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM

Guys...thanks for all of the kind words. I shared this story not to boast about the many blessings I have been given these past few months, but rather shed light on the fact that "success" in hunting shouldn't always necessarily restupon what you kill.

I was one who base"success" solely on the size of buck I could shoot. I am happy to saymy new view of "success" is much more adequate for myself. Thanks once again for sharing in my season....

Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, what a GREAT read. Congrats on all you success, especially your new son and graduating college. I'm sure both have been a handful with having to provide for your family. You have got my respect for sure! Congrats again Bols
Old 12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Man o' man, you shoulda been out there this season, you wouldn't believe all the huge deer running around during daylight hours, especially in your area!
Seriously though,Congrats on the new son and on the educational acheivement! On the huntingbright side, they'll just be another year bigger for you next year.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bols you are still ugly

Great thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Bols you are still ugly
....you couldn't have said it any better Germ! And the cap and gown didn't help my horrific appearance whatsoever! [8D]

Old 12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good read, best wishes to you, your wife andsonsmovingforward intoyour nextchaptersof life.

There's definatelymore to life than killing a critter that's forsure. As with anything in life...keeping onespriorities in check, hard work,finishing strong and having no regrets,makes it a success. You've seemed to find this mark. Good work!

Quick Reply: "Success"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.