Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ATV's during Bow Season >

ATV's during Bow Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ATV's during Bow Season

Old 12-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ATV's during Bow Season

Maybe you have all discussed this before but I tell ya they are getting to be a real pain to deal with when hunting, specialy bear hunting in Northern Minnesota. Have people forgot they still have a pair of legs to use for walking? There's laws for these things when they can be used but people seem to do it anyway. Everyone is getting way to lazy IMO, what happened to the hunting part of it?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV's during Bow Season

I love my atv, but when it comes to getting out into the stand it is all boot cc for me. It is a great tool around any hunting parcel for management and planting, but there is no stealth involved when you romp up the base of your tree and climb. Not to mention the scent.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 AM

As great as they are for some things, when it comes to deer hunting (gun or bow) they have done nothing but make the slobby lazy hunters even worse. Everyone has one and everyone uses one. No longer can one park and walk a 1/4 mile to their stand, nope, they need to drive that ATV right up to their tree. Walk a 1/4 mile, no way!! I hunt a few properties after the MN gun seaosn and it just amazes me to see that people have managed to get an ATV into every nook and cranny of entire properties. Do they not think that this may disrupt deer movement. I could go on and on.

On the plus side, ATVs do open up the outdoors for those unfortunate enough to not be able to walk long distances or not walk at all, and for these purposes they are amzaing tools, but for the average joe hunter, all they seem to have done is make them lazier.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

On the plus side, ATVs do open up the outdoors for those unfortunate enough to not be able to walk long distances or not walk at all, and for these purposes they are amzaing tools
Agree!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

On private property do what you want. You pay the taxes not me. Now public land totaly different story! I had a old Chevy pick up with chains on it all the way around come driving past me 3 years ago. Yeah right through the woods on a skinny old logging trail wide enough for 2 poeple to walk side by side. It was legal so what can you do.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I
On private property do what you want. You pay the taxes not me. Now public land totaly different story
I agree. My land borders State game land and the number of guys that just drive right up to my line and get out to sit on it is disgusting.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

THey are a tool of Satan.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

I am of the opinion that many of the ATV users who simply drive them anywhere have never bird hunted.....they couldn't make it.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 AM

I hate em, you can include snowmobiles in that group as well. And they are just as bad if not worse during gun season.

And it doesn't even have to be hunting season. A lot of these people think they own everything and just drive through anyones yard to get where they are going. Nothing like waking up in the morning to see snowmobile tracks through the middle of your front yard! And I don't mean the edge of your yard near the road, I mean right down the F'N middle of it.

Paul
Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will sometimes go get mine to drag something out but it is usually more trouble then it is worth.

Quick Reply: ATV's during Bow Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.