Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 please help me pick a bow >

please help me pick a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

please help me pick a bow

Old 12-15-2007, 02:50 PM

Default please help me pick a bow

I posted this on another site and didnt get any help...I was hoping this site would be better

you can skipp to "THE QUESTION" or read on

I started shooting again last year after a 12 year break I'm 24
this fall my buddy just bought a new drenilin(sp). I didnt even know he bow hunted
after shooting his bow I couldnt belive how great it shot compaired to the stuff I was used to shooting(I could actualy hit what I was aiming at). Acting all excited about bow hunting he offered me his last years bow if I wanted to go hunting. I said HECK YEA!

well about a week later he called and said I could come pick it up at his house
I went over there thinking I was goning to get a switchback or something. then he opened the door and handed me some early 90's POS plastic cammed browning bow. I acted greatfull went out bougth a sight,rest, and release. shot it for 2 weeks strait untill the start of bow season.

to make a long story less long I got 2 bucks with it this year and had a great time doing it...I now have the archery bug.

MY QUESTION IS: being a newb to buying a bow what do you think i should get?(i have withheld the names so fanboys wont mess this up)
I want a bow that I can enjoy shooting in the off season too. what do you think i would end up liking more?

thould I get
Bow A: faster than bow B, lighter than bow B, smoother draw than bow B
more cam setting options, bigger vally, a little hand shock,less forgivign

Bow B:little slower,heavier,cooler looking, harsher draw but not too bad, dead as nails at the shot. smaller vally.more forgiving

what do you think? what do you think I would be happier with in the long run? I cant buy a new bow for a long time after this one. thanks for the help

ps after shooting all these bows(a ton) I dont think the drenilin is for me
Old 12-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: please help me pick a bow

Bow B. Speed means nothing BUT if you can have it all and speed, well than the choice is obvious. Good luck in your decision and like you, I left out names so as to not be a fanboy.

Shoot as many as you can, and have fun doing it. Let us know what you come up with.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like bow A since it is smoother and more options but since rob said b i would just agree with him and shut up now lol

i started bow hunting at 13 stopped at 14 still two years ago they was my first season out with it

i got a reflex for the money it is a great bow made by Hoyt and i would and will buy another
Old 12-15-2007, 04:51 PM

Two words, silent and accurate. I'll take those overmega-speed any day.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:53 PM

Shot all the Bows you can and you decide witch one you feel better about.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 PM

shot them all and narrowed it down to A and B thanks for the input guys. plz feel free to keep it coming
Old 12-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: skipperfishflipper

show them all and narrowed it down to A and B thanks for the input guys. plz feel free to keep it coming
show them...LOL I know that reads "shot them all" LOL Then definately B is my pick.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:03 PM

opps Ill fix that[:-]
Old 12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Dude... really, just go buy yourself a nice Bowtech Guardian or General. If you don't like them, buy yourself a Darton Maverick with recurve limbs. It's my back up bow now that I own a Guardian, but it's still the best shooter of the bunch.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Diamond Black Ice

Problem solved

Quick Reply: please help me pick a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.