Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 please help me pick a bow >

please help me pick a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

please help me pick a bow

Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Default RE: please help me pick a bow

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I honestly didn't notice the "less forgiving" part of bow A, sorry guys.
so whats your answer now sir read-alot
Old 12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: skipperfishflipper

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I honestly didn't notice the "less forgiving" part of bow A, sorry guys.
so whats your answer now sir read-alot
Since you're buying it. You make that decision, if it were me, I would still go with bow A. For you maybe bow B isn't that bad of a choice since it's more forgiving.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Harsher draw and less valley for 295 fps? I'll pass. What's the brace height on both of the bows?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't come here much anymore, mostly becasue of ongoing and endlessquestions like this, and the fact that I just don't have the time. But I do have a honestquestion for you skipperfishflipper. Why does it matter what we think? If you realy like bowA butwe all say bow B does that mean you will buybow B just because we like it? I am being serious, come on who the hell realy cares about what someone else thinks when your the person who has to use the purchased product? IMO shoot all the bowsand buy the one that feels the best to you and don't worry about what other think. I myself shoot a Mathews, but on this forum I bet most are Bowtech and Hoyt shooters, along with a few Ross, and Elite and us Mathews shooters,and we can't forget theother name brands and their fans, such as PSE, Fred Bear, Martin, Dartin, and several others that don't jump into my mind at this time. But the bottom line is I don't care because Ilove MathewsandIMO its the best bow out there for me. I have yet to be in the backcounty on my annual elk archery hunt and have a argument over what bow will kill the mightybull elk the best. Just some food for thought...
Old 12-18-2007, 11:40 AM

it's actualy a draw between the 2 bows. It does matter what others think. I ask others opinions because I know there is more experianced archers here. If someone has been in my shoes before and I can learn from them I will. I dont like to re-invent the wheel. I dont want to go threw the pain that someone else has allready had to go threw. This is a forum..a knowledge pool if you will. I think everyone comes here to hear what others think...and to tell what they think. what else would they be here for?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Well I just saw a B bow for an decent price and I hope that I'll get it..so I'll tell ya what they are.But first, Thanks for your opinions! the forgiving thing is what sold me, after reading a lot of forums posts, I have been lead to believe that forgiving bows are more enjoyable to shoot and newer archers don’t get as discouraged because, well… they shoot better with them. Also this bows main purpose as of now is a hunting bow. Some times you need that forgiving bow to make a good shot in an awkward position. I rather make a good shot than a fast bad shot. And the pull isn’t bad its just not quite as smooth.

What are the bows?

A: Bowtech Allegiance
B: Bowtech Guardian(some one was right)

Old 12-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just do us all a favor and have your friend beat you over the head with his Drenalin.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

This is a forum..a knowlage pool if you will.
I don't care who ya are....that's classic!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 PM

yea that spelling thing
how was I a smart ass? I just hate when people jump off topic and steal threads. I've seen a simple question like this go bad before. thanks for all you help guys
Old 12-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good choice.

I think those IBO numbers are a tad off though. I agree with your assesment of the bows though. The Guardian is DEFINATELY dead as nails!

Quick Reply: please help me pick a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.