Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 In the market for a new bow >

In the market for a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In the market for a new bow

Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Default In the market for a new bow

Lookin at somethin in the 550 range for a bare bow...all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:59 PM

Default RE: In the market for a new bow

Check out the diamond line. You should be able to get one of those bare for around 500.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:48 PM

If you want to spend that kind of money go for it. But I personaly I would go with the Fred Bear Instinct. Very fast and quiet.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

try reflex they are made by hoyt and have the cam and a half system just as hoyt but are about half the price
Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ROSS awsome bow for the money, bets Fred bear hands down in my opinion. Not alot of vibration in the Ross. Nice bow for the money
Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Benelli12ga

If you want to spend that kind of money go for it. But I personaly I would go with the Fred Bear Instinct. Very fast and quiet.
I agree with Benelli. I love my Instinct and its like he describes it, fast and quiet.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:17 PM

I am too and I also don't think there is anything wrong with the Fred Bear Instinct but I would go the couple of hundred more and get a Diamond Black Ice like I am

Overall better quality and it's gonna last me around 10 years.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:30 PM

I spent a bunch of time looking for a back up bow to my 2005 Hoyt Protec. Woundup getting a new Reflex Growler. So close to the Hoyt Vectrix it was purely conversational. Got the Growler for $390 at the local pro shop - with a drop away rest and a Copper John sight. Shoots great. Very smooth draw cycle.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 PM

I had a chance to shoot the new Bear lineup today, wow. Definately give them a try, they're in your budget and a h3ll of a shooter too.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought two new bows, a little lower than your range (since I had to buy two). Got a Diamond Rapture for my son and tonight I picked up a Bear Instinct for myself. Both fine bows. I struggled between the Diamond Rock (the 2008 replacement for the Rapture) and the Instinct, but went with Bear in the end. I had shot an Element the previous trip and was not pleased with it, but I am convinced there was something with that particular bow.

Quick Reply: In the market for a new bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.