Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting in a winter wonderland >

Hunting in a winter wonderland

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting in a winter wonderland

Old 12-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Hunting in a winter wonderland

Wisconsin offers so much public land and with bow hunting it tends to be pretty quiet and you should not be bothered while out in the woods.
ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Thanks for sharing atlas I love hunting in the snow. As I type it is snowing again here in Wisconsin.

Been to and through Wisconsin many times............would love to hunt there some day. I have never seen medians on the I90 with such thick woods. They carved that thing right through some pretty heavy forest out there.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:47 AM

Wisconsin offers so much public land and with bow hunting it tends to be pretty quiet and you should not be bothered while out in the woods.
ORIGINAL: atlasman

Thanks for sharing atlas I love hunting in the snow. As I type it is snowing again here in Wisconsin.

Been to and through Wisconsin many times............would love to hunt there some day. I have never seen medians on the I90 with such thick woods. They carved that thing right through some pretty heavy forest out there.

Cheeseheads just made my things to do list

Thanks man...........we saw a real beauty dead on the road on my last trip through there.........if he is any indication of your public land deer all I can say is WOW!!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love hunting in the snow as well! This pic was taken on Wednesday and that snow is like a foot deep with a inch of ice in the middle of it!

Old 12-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Are those your footprints leading in???

Cool place.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

NO, I came in from behind me. There is standing corn and beans behind me. The tall grasses out there is over my head in the summertime! Go to my shed thread I posted and I found that way in the back, 300 yards past the white birch trees you see, the same area where I missed that buck! This is public land as well!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:16 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

NO, I came in from behind me. There is standing corn and beans behind me. The tall grasses out there is over my head in the summertime! Go to my shed thread I posted and I found that way in the back, 300 yards past the white birch trees you see, the same area where I missed that buck! This is public land as well!

What are those 2 burrowed paths through the snow??..........looks like you are hunting with bugs bunny
Old 12-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Those two burrowed paths are the deer trails, if you look closely you can follow them way back! Pretty neat to watch them come in from a long ways out!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Atlas .... nothing moving today where I went ... I hope you had better results than I did ..... colder than a well diggers butt out there this morn ........
Old 12-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Bartender

Hey Tony Happy Holidays my friend to you and the family.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Tony Happy Holidays my friend to you and the family.
To you and your as well, T gotta get on here more often ....... I prolly have missed some of your cries for help

Quick Reply: Hunting in a winter wonderland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.