Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck Spy Software? >

Buck Spy Software?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Spy Software?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buck Spy Software?

Anyone using this software? I picked it in the bargain cave at Cabelas for 8$. After manipulating my way through the program last night, I really likewhatI can do with it in regards to storing scouting and hunting data, pix, trail cams, shed finds, kills etc. Seems like a great tool for organizing and mapping out any hunting area. I can download satellite images of my hunting areas and plug in all the data while overlaying a topo map etc...

Just wondering if anyone else is using it, Likes or Dislikes?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buck Spy Software?

Hey go say Hi to Matt in the Gun Library

Ask him if he is coming back to MI, Tell him Gary is all alone

Yes it is nice software, I am currently working a Web base one. You can access with a PDA
Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gary, I was thinking of that the other day when I was out there, I was wondering which guy was your bud! I will do that... next time I head out there, I think I will be taking my cousin there Friday evening after our hunts.. Hope Matt is working.

Troy
Old 12-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep us posted on how it suits you. I have heard (good things mostly) of if but not had any direct experiance with it. I would like to take a look at it some timeso I can improve my own database accordingly
Old 12-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've contemplating getting a copy of it to use, but just never felt that it would be all that beneficial for me. I hop around and hunt a new piece of property almost every year, and then only for a few weeks (weekends) and my trail cameras are put out sporadically in random locations. I think the data may help for overall movement and activity trends of wildlife (which most of us already know), but in my limited case not really for helping me figure out any particular piece of hunting ground. I just wouldn't be collecting enough data.

Looks like a great product, but only for certain applications.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

For trail cam inages, I just log them in folders by date, location, weather, and time.

For TOPO maps, I print out the screen from an arial website, then I just write on it. I would like to be able to do that on my computer and log stand locations, changes, deer trails and so on, just dont know how.

Modern hunting at its finest !!
You can make your own topo map. It is not straightforward, but it is doable if you have some computer skills:
http://www.gameandfishnetwork.com/News/article/sid=8.html
Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that is high tech scouting right there! With the relatively small plots that I have to hunt, my brain can hold the information. Boy, what a tool that must be out there with the wide expanses though.

Looking at it from a broader perspective... Isn't it amazing that a software package has even been developed for hunting? I really don't know if I find it awesome or kind of sad.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Bartender

Troy can you take a peak at the following site and tell me if its almost the same thing?
You might save me some money with this software, Thanks
www.expertgps.com
ORIGINAL: shed33

Gary, I was thinking of that the other day when I was out there, I was wondering which guy was your bud! I will do that... next time I head out there, I think I will be taking my cousin there Friday evening after our hunts.. Hope Matt is working.

Troy
Old 12-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Bartender

Nevermind I just found buckspy.com and I have to tell you I hope I can find this software
at that price in my area. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Merry Christmas to you and the family Troy.

Quick Reply: Buck Spy Software?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.