Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Somewhat Bowhunting related....Cameras >

Somewhat Bowhunting related....Cameras

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Somewhat Bowhunting related....Cameras

Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Somewhat Bowhunting related....Cameras

Is there not a function that will focus for you? I thought that was the auto focus? Seriously (I'm not explaining this very well, I know).....I think there's a setting where I don't have to check the focus.....but I never use that.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Good advice, I need a new one.. Our "State of the Art" camera is now laugh-able as it's 5 years old!
5 years...that's cutting edge compared to my 8 year old 3.3 MP that I paid almost a thousand for!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

my camera ive ALWAYS taken pics with DIED!!! i was devistated. it was a 3.2mp olympus...but i thought it took awesome pics if the photographer did their part...

it died a month or so ago and i was online and mumbled something about saving up for a waterproff, shockproof, dustproof olympus camera like my phone(also waterproof and all that) i never expected anyone to be listening...i told mom a boot dryer would make a nice 30$ gift for me on day..she mumbled something about my gift cost her almost 300$...i told her thats crazy...she said i helped out alot during the move, and still help out alot at home painting or hanging blinds etc etc...slept on a couch for a month because i never got my room together because i was always helping her....

sunday i was helping mom hang blinds and curtains...sitting on her desk was an Olympus Stylus 790SW in the box...silly mom forgot to hide it....i never told her i saw it...though, maybe she woulda just gave it to me early if i did ...cant wait to get my hands on that sucker....hopefully its as good as my last olympus. that thing was a tank...took a beating and took awesome pics. if it wasnt on the front seat of my truck flying into the dash when i hit a bump off roadings, it was in the bottom of my pack or in my coat pocket...

that sucker looks like it got a big ole viewing screen too...no more blurry pics for me...i will beable to tell they are bad...my last screen was maybe an inch lol..really like the looks and specs of the Stylus

good luck with the new toy Jeff...my sister has one and loves it...
Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM

GMMAT, I talked to my coworker who is bigtime into photography. he said basically two things, turn off digital zoom and make sure the lens is clean. he said he's seen too many times people complaining of fuzzy pics that really were caused by a dirty lens. obviously you shouldn't have to worry about that on a new camera. lastly, he said any type of movement will result in blurry pics. hope this helps.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Thank you. I'll read up on that. I know the SLIGHTEST movement when I'm zoomed in will make it blurry.....and the low light probably wasn't helping, either.

OK.....the lens may be dirty, too (jk)
Old 12-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

My Fujifilm Finepix S700 has a 10x optical zoom and 7.1 MPwhich is a must for wildlife shots IMO, its probably one of the best out there for the $, stateside you can probably pick one up for around $200.00. However, if your looking for something tiny, this isnt the one to look at.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Optical clear...digital blurry... BTW i think my GF is getting that exact same camera for me for christmas only its like 7.2mp and i was testingthe display modeland is uses some sort of auto focus because i took a blur pic on purpose and it automatically cleared it up for me. BUT i was at point blank range. thats why i take my dvd cam huntin and just film whatever i want to capture but to save my life i cant figure out how to download the videos to like youtube so i can post em up....

Was the doe with the sony or the canon? JW
Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Doe shots....I have LOTS of 'em.....were with the canon.

Here's another....

Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next question.... how far were you... cuz unless you got like an amatuer photographer camera i dont think any -$350ish point and shoot camera is gonna do any good for any distance.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Site Bouncer

I use a Olympus Stylus 720 SW.

It's very small and light weight, 7.1 mega pixel with a 3x zoom (digital I think) It's not what you would call a "photographers camera" but what I like about it is it's water proof down to 10 ft I think and (best of all) shock proof up to a 5 ft drop.

I like it because I use it for work and when I'm out in the rain and snowI don't have to worry about it. I've even dropped it on a concrete floor....no problem!

It fits in my pocket and takes pretty good pictures.

This one was taken on the lowest resolution the camera could be set at.

Quick Reply: Somewhat Bowhunting related....Cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.