Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's the law.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default It's the law.

I know some had questions about being harassed while hunting. Here's the law in NC.

In North Carolina, it is unlawful for a person to interfere intentionally with the lawful taking of wildlife resources or to drive, harass, or intentionally disturb any wildlife resources for the purpose of disrupting the lawful taking of wildlife resources on public or private property. NOTE: This law does not apply to activity by a person on land he owns or leases or to a person who incidentally interferes with the taking of wildlife resources while using the land for other lawful activity such as agriculture, mining, or recreation.
Violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor punishable for a first conviction by a fine not to exceed $1,000.00, by imprisonment not to exceed 30 days, or by both and punishable for a second or subsequent conviction by a fine left to the discretion of the court. (North Carolina General Statute 295)
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you experience unlawful harassment, immediately notify your nearest wildlife enforcement officer, county sheriff's office or local police department. Advise the authorities of this law and that you wish to hunt peacefully.
WHAT NOT TO DO
Do not provoke a fight, threaten reprisals or use profanity. Remember these anti-hunting activists are seeking confrontation and may be accompanied by the news media.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It's the law.

WHAT NOT TO DO
Do not provoke a fight, threaten reprisals or use profanity. Remember these anti-hunting activists are seeking confrontation and may be accompanied by the news media.
That is great advice, hard advice to follow, but great advice.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think I could follow that advice...very tough.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

Then you end up being the bad guy...
Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

Then you end up being the bad guy...
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head! Not to be confused with hitting the anti on the head [&:] (JOKING...don't hit anyone!)