Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 off the wall deer scents >

off the wall deer scents

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

off the wall deer scents

Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Spike

Default off the wall deer scents

Ok everyone knows about tinks 69, code blue,and a bunch of others. It seems to me around here where the area has heavy hunting pressure that the deer just shy away from deer scents off the shelf. Anyone use just like a homemade recipe or anything like that and had any luck? I have a little homemade boiler I can take out and was thinking of filling it with apple juice. The boiling juice would vaporize and the scent would be amplifiedand would carry a long way. I figure if deer like apples....then why not?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: off the wall deer scents

Don't worry about scents, hunt between a bedding and feeding area. But if you must know, use a bloody tampon.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bucketmouthhauler

Don't worry about scents, hunt between a bedding and feeding area. But if you must know, use a bloody tampon.

wow
Old 12-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

huh uh? doe tampons?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your wife/girlfriend lets you take her used tampons!? Im falling out of my chair!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer dander.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

A does estrus cycle is similar to a females cycle, trust me it works! it may sound sick but it works.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wasnt saying it didnt work cause Ive heard that it certainly does. I just find it hilarious. How do you go about obtaining permission to get these items? Uhm honey, are you done with that tampon?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dog can nail a woman during "that time of the month" everytime. It gets embarrasing because he goes nuts and not until I can drag him outside can I get him out the crotch sniffing mode, I thought a GSP was a bird dog lol. Im sure a buck could probably smell that but the thought of asking for my wife to save them, then taking one out there just isnt appealing to me. "Hey honey, can youask all your friends to save their used feminine diapers for me??" haha how well would that go over?? Yikes, I'll stick to Buck Bomb, seemed to work well for me this year with 3 decent bucks.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had no luck with buck bomb this year. maybe next year.

Quick Reply: off the wall deer scents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.