Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best bow you ever had?? >

Best bow you ever had??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best bow you ever had??

Old 12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best bow you ever had??

For the pure joy of shooting and hunting it has to be my first bow ever. It was a Damon Howitt 55 pound recurve. It was light, fit like a glove and with the finger tab it was so quick and automatic to use. I just loved that thing. I thought I had to have one of the new fangled deals and bought a PSE Lazer Magnum. In the interim I loaned my Damon Howitt to a guy I was teaching to shoot. Inspite of my instructions and insistance that he listen to me, he locked in a shut up car in Georgia's August sun while it was still strung. He then brought his buddies outside at lunch time to show them how good he was getting. Of course it exploded. His remark, it must have had a flaw in it. He offered nothing and ceased to be a friend. I never gave him another minute of instruction or help.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I was shooting compound my very first bow was a Martin Lynx, very smoothand light compound. After that I bought a XI Impact coumpound. I really liked that bow!It wasn't nothing fancy. That bow could reallyfling an arrow quick, it didn't have all the junk on it that these compounds all have on them now.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

mathews LX.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM

NC, that was my first compound bow too!!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've won a pile of money and trophies with my 97 and 98 Hoyt Tenacity and Tenacity II. I had a hard time handing those two off, I love my Allegiance but I've never shot bow as smooth, as quiet as the new General, it just very well might take the place in my heart for bows over the last 26 years but it's still young in my arsenal.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i can honestly say that my older high country max force withhatchet cams was my favorite bow, now shooting an iron mace and it will take a while of shooting it to pass my max force.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

2006 protec xt2000

That was a pure shooter.

I bought it in target colors and shot competition with it for 1 year and got out of the game and sold it.

I wish I still had that setup.Can you see me kicking myself?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

I saved long and hard to have the Tribute I have now. Prior to that I shot an old Browning bow that feels like a anchor compared to my Tribby. I have to say my Tribby is best. Being semi retired I don't see upgrading although the new Bowtechs have intriqued me. I don't however think my wife would understand. (man card in the open).
Old 12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you ever want to borrow my brack, let me know. She's 68" 61#'s at 28". Haven't been shooting her much lately.
61 @ 28... For me at 32" draw, it'd pull about 71 pounds. That's about 20 lbs toostout for my old shoulders to handle, Bob. But I do appreciate the offer.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What is the best bow you ever owned. My was probably the old High Country Extreme, it was like a 95-96 yr model.
I had A high country knight force that I named T.B. after tuberculosis. that bow killed more than T.B. Itnever let me down. Its still out there, I sold it on ebay a couple years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.