Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a lot of new bows last night >

Shot a lot of new bows last night

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a lot of new bows last night

Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shot a lot of new bows last night

I thought the new cardiac was supposed to be fast? Either way its still on my list of potentials for next season. So is the marquis and 101st.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 AM

Ross's 2008 bows won't ship until after the 1st of the year... atlas shot an 07 model...
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great rightup , the cardiac realy impresed me also , I did not like the drenalin
Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 AM

A Marquis or an Airborne were on my list to check out this year. The feature that concerns me is the ATA of the new bows.
I think they would becomea problemin a treestand. A 32-33 ATA would work better in a blind also.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM

fwiw - in the ross lineup for 08 the CR series bows are gone, replaced with a cardiac31 and cardiac37, also have a shortdraw cardiac available in all 3 ATA's (31, 33, 37) a 37comp, and winner's choice strings have been replaced with G5 string/cable combo, they claim it was because the WC strings were inconsistent length and lack of quality control from WC (who knows for sure)... will the G5 be as good as the WC? time will tell...
Old 12-11-2007, 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Good write up Atlas! I like my Guardian so I'll stick with it for another year. Im a bow slut unfortunately, I know, Im an idot, I buy new bows every year or 2, probably exactly why they make new models every year becauseof guys like me[:'(]I think I have a bow fetish lol.

Nothing wrong with that..........I go EVERY year wanting to buy another toy and maybe I expect too much..........Like I said, these are ALL great bows and anyone should be happy with them. I just doubt anyone who already has a recent model in any of these lines will honestly say they are getting a major upgrade.

Atlas, what bow are you currently shooting?
2003 Patriot Single Cam........winners choice........and worst of all I put an aftermarket string stopper in the rear stab hole this season and it is practically silent now. The minor twang was the only issue I have ever had with it and now it's gone.

I bought a 2006 Equalizer last year for kicks and decked it all out only to have it sit around and collect dust.........great bow........Pat is better. The Equalizer is now sold because I just wasn't shooting it.

I may get an 82nd yet...........we'll see.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

If you want speed, shoot the PSE XForce 6' brace hieght.

My dealer said he sold a bunch of XFORCE last year.........I never shot one. The Dream Season bow is perhaps the worst bow I have shot in recent memory. It was shockingly bad...........I have absolutely nothing against any bow company but how that thing made it to market is beyond me.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

You have to remember that right now I am shooting a twenty year old Proline Force II. It shoots great and holds up well, but it was a HUGE eye opener shooting these new bows. Everything we tried was leaps and bounds above my current bow.
Without question man you must feel like a kid in a candy store...........now you are looking at a SERIOUS upgrade with any of these. Nice problem to have.

Since I am looking to buy two bows this year (one for me and one for the son), I am looking in the bargain category, but still they shoot nice. I decided (well, my son did) on the Diamond Rapture.
My honest opinion is that the gap between high end bows and middle of the road has gotten smaller in recent years. There are some darn fine bows out there for a pretty good price...........don't think for 1 second that you NEED to spend $1,000 to get a great bow.

my son liked it better.
Does anything else really matter??

One notable negative, I was not at all pleased with the Bear Element. I would stick with my old bow before buying one of those. It could have just been "that" bow, but it stank the place up. I shot two arrows with it and put it down. Looked at my son and said "don't bother".
I saved the BEAR bows for another trip due to time issues.........the high end BEARS look pretty cool with the double stoppers built in and Will Primos doesn't care about anything but hunting so his input can only be a positive IMO. I have not shot the Element.

Let us know which one you pick.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Pretty spot on Atlas

I do have a new Cardiac coming, for me it's the 4'' inches shorter ATA. I am setting this bow up to hunt. I will add woth the ROSS you get a waaaay better string and cables and anicer finshied on the riser. Won'tyou do not get is speed

Agreed...........solid bow top to bottom. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear someone say they like the Cardiac the best out of all I mentioned.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

Ross's 2008 bows won't ship until after the 1st of the year... atlas shot an 07 model...

Are you POSITIVE about that??..........my dealer had a few Cardiacs and he never has bows left over from last year, he clearences them out over the summer.

I honestly can't say I am 100% sure the Cardiac wasn't a 2007. I could swear I looked at the tag and it said 2008............I'll look next time I go.

Quick Reply: Shot a lot of new bows last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.