Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finished the season with a kill (pic) >

Finished the season with a kill (pic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finished the season with a kill (pic)

Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finished the season with a kill (pic)

Well my archery hunting came to a close for the 2007 season. I ended up getting a turkey last saturday and one last sunday. Looks like we will be having wild turkey for christmas. Both the edible and drinkable kind. It was a great year and I was blessed in every way. Both the successful and also the unsuccessful hunts. I closed the season with 2 Nebraska turkies, a Montana antelope, an Idaho antelope, an Idaho Mule Deer, an Idaho black bear, and now these 2 Idaho turkey....Now its time to get ready for 2008!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Finished the season with a kill (pic)

Excellent!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

very nice, congrats to you.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, Chad!! You had one heckuva year!

I think the only way it could have went any better is if you got that monster elk you were chasing after... but then again, you're probably saving him for me, right? [8D]
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Congratulations, Chad!! You had one heckuva year!

I think the only way it could have went any better is if you got that monster elk you were chasing after... but then again, you're probably saving him for me, right? [8D]
No,he is saving him for me.

Good season and congrats
Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!!!The elk hunting was tougher than normal this year. I passed on a couple and ended up catching a limb on a 40 yard shot. The broadhead flipped the arrow sideways in mid air and the flecthes slapped the bull on the side. The strange part is he only walked away, looking around wondering what the heck just happened. I was mad at the time, but now that I look back it was pretty funny. I always say- somedays you eat the bear, and somedays the bear eats you. Its all good though. I was able to spend 60 or so days in the field this year,sleeping under the stars for many of those. There is no place I would rather be than zipped up in a bag on a cold night looking at the countless stars in the sky!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Thanks guys!!!The elk hunting was tougher than normal this year. I passed on a couple and ended up catching a limb on a 40 yard shot. The broadhead flipped the arrow sideways in mid air and the flecthes slapped the bull on the side. The strange part is he only walked away, looking around wondering what the heck just happened. I was mad at the time, but now that I look back it was pretty funny. I always say- somedays you eat the bear, and somedays the bear eats you. Its all good though. I was able to spend 60 or so days in the field this year,sleeping under the stars for many of those. There is no place I would rather be than zipped up in a bag on a cold night looking at the countless stars in the sky!!!

Yea,that is funny.Atleast you didn't miss.[8D]
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Couldof, wouldof, shouldof comes into play. That night I had 3 different 6 points come in on me. It was a sight to behold even though I ate my tag on that season.... I still feel like it was successful
Old 12-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice... congrats...

Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great season! Way to go man!

Quick Reply: Finished the season with a kill (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.