Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Amish tresspassing on our land >

Amish tresspassing on our land

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Amish tresspassing on our land

Old 12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Amish tresspassing on our land

Anyone have any problems with Amish trespassing on everyone's land?

I caught them last week on my land and told them to get off. They asked me where the lines are which was a stupid question because they don't own and woods.

I was so angry. I told them to get off our land and to never come back on it.

Hopefully I won't gave to get the police involved.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Amish tresspassing on our land

We don't have Amish people around here. But if we did I'd treat them just like any other trespasser. I just might not drop the F bomb on them since they are Amish, but the message would be the same.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:03 PM

Run that by me again... the Amish??? Damn. If we gotta worry about them, then none of our land is safe!!! Amish poachers, who'd a thunk it!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think that the Amish are known for trespassing. I have less conservative Mennonite neighbors and they always ask permission to enter other peoples property.

I don't want to get into a big argument over this, but if property lines are not reasonably well-marked, its to be expected that mistakes will happen. In fact, my father once had someone try to kick him off his hunting lease and the guy who tried to do it didn't know that he was about 50 yards off of his own property.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM

Too funny droptine!!! Ya sick puppy!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Run that by me again... the Amish??? Damn. If we gotta worry about them, then none of our land is safe!!! Amish poachers, who'd a thunk it!
They are the worst offenders around here. Ohioans come here and hunt with resident tags. P.G.C. will report soon about a barn in Greenwood township found last week to have 2 dozen deer all untagged.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Darn Bawa, that sounds a little like the thread where someone claimed that the Amish were wandering the Kentucky woods strealing deer from hunters at gunpoint.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Darn Bawa, that sounds a little like the thread where someone claimed that the Amish were wandering the Kentucky woods strealing deer from hunters at gunpoint.
Guess whostole this deer? This happened last year.

A 42-year-old hunter in Meadville, Pa., was deerjacked at gunpoint by three men who stole his doe, prompting Vernon Township police sergeant Randy Detzel to say, "It's armed robbery and assault. They knocked him to the ground and took his deer."
Old 12-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

More of the same.

[blockquote]
Deer-jacked! Hunter is held up
November 28, 2006
ASSOCIATED PRESS
MEADVILLE, Pa. - Three men stole a hunter’s doe at gunpoint, the hunter said.
“I’m really, really upset about the whole ordeal,” said Robert Hanna, 42, of Meadville, Pa.. “(It’s) over a dumb deer. If they wanted it so bad I would have said, ‘Take it.’”
Hanna said he shot the deer on Monday afternoon and was getting ready to come down from his tree stand when he was approached by three men with rifles.
They ordered him to empty his rifle and throw his gun down and one of the men then knocked him to the ground, he said.
“It’s an armed robbery and an assault,” said Vernon Township Sgt. Randy Detzel. “They knocked him to the ground and took his deer.”
Police had no suspects.
[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Amish tresspassing on our land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.