Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOW SIGHT??

Old 12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default BOW SIGHT??

been looking at copper john and viper sights. what do you shoot? what would you go with?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BOW SIGHT??

There is no doubt or question in my mind. The Viper sights are top notch. Here's my review when I researched for the best sights money can buy. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1577393&mpage=1 Personally I was thinking Spot Hogg was where it was at and was headed that direction until I picked up the Viper. If not the Viper, then no doubt the Spot Hogg.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree with Rob. I used to be a Spot Hogg user.....until I got the Viper. Both great sights......I just think the Viper is the ultimate in a hunting sight.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:46 AM

I have copper john and i really like them but i havent used or even see the viper sights.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 AM

Copper John Dead Nuts 2...fibers are protected in groves of metal pins. Nice and bright...excellent construction quality.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll have to admit...That after Robs review and seeing his sight. That I will have one by next season.

Although I can't figure out the differences in some of the available vipers..

I love the HHA 1 pin sight.I just came to the realization that I don't want 1 more thing to have to do when a deer is approaching (adjust sight to some range)..

I will shoot the 1 pin for indoor league season adn then make the switch prior to next year. Unless something new comes along between now and then.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Dead Nuts 2 Comp, I love it. I'm wondering how it would compar to the Viper sight? I've considered giving it a try since everyone on here seems to love it. The Dead Nuts 2 Comp has 2nd and 3rd axis, micro adjust, and BRIGHTNESS, so those of you with the Vipers, what makes them truly stand out?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-10-2007, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

I shoot the Dead Nuts 2 Comp, I love it. I'm wondering how it would compar to the Viper sight? I've considered giving it a try since everyone on here seems to love it. The Dead Nuts 2 Comp has 2nd and 3rd axis, micro adjust, and BRIGHTNESS, so those of you with the Vipers, what makes them truly stand out?
The Vipers look great to me as well. My only concern is the unsupported fibers...possibly they could get snagged and break off? Most of my hunting is in FL in very heavy cover. What I like most about my Copper John is that the fibers are protected by the metal pins...fibers run in a channel along the back. I wish the Vipers had the same set-up and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Viper Micro Tune on my hunting bow and the Copper John Dead Nuts 2 comp on my 3d bow. Both are top of the line great sights. Overall for durability and the ability to microadjust even the pins the Copper John has the edge. The Viper sights do not have microadjust pins and I have broken 2 fibers this year on my hunting bow. With that said, I have also dropped my hunting bow out of the case, onto the driveway, directly on the Viper sight and it didn't budge one bit. I like that the Viper sights are camo (stupid I know).

Either sight you can't really go wrong, but for pure performance, the Copper John has a slight edge IMO.

Quick Reply: BOW SIGHT??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.