Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting with your 3D rig?? >

Hunting with your 3D rig??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with your 3D rig??

Old 12-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting with your 3D rig??

I went the other way Jeff, I set it up for 3D knowing I was going to hunt with it. I set it up with my known to be hunting arrows, sights etc...With the speed restrictions it was easy to get into a great setup for hunting and still shoot some mighty fine 3D scores. The only thing that would be different for me was if I shot open, I then threw on my Tox sight and Boss scope but never tweaked the bow at all.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff if you are getting an Airborne for 3D, why didn't you get the more forgiving 101st?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:08 PM

That is one reason I bought the Guardian. I do a lot of 3d shoots in the summer, mainly just for fun but i would say i got in the top 5 on one of them. I had trouble shooting the Bowtech Mightymite(30" ata) for 3d and i wanted a new hutingbow so i got one that would fit for both. If I had the money i would get two separate bows so it's not as big of a pain switching things over.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Define "more forgiving".
Old 12-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Define "more forgiving".
Well they both have the same axle to axle, so it's dead even there. 36" is a good length for 3d.

But the 101st has a 7" bh, versus the 6" 82nd. The longer brace height is usually deemed more forgiving.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

What are you doing with your Allegience?
Keeping it (for now). I've taken my two best bucks (forst shot out of the Allegiance, last year, was my first wall-hanger) and my only turkey with that bow. It's just a GREAT hunting machine. I'll order new strings and cables, next week.....and it'll be ready to go in the Spring....when Turkey season rolls around. I'll alternate (probably) between a few bows, next Fall.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly.

Rick James saved me some typing:

"Because the difference in brace height isn't coming from riser geometry changes. They are on the same riser, and should have VERY similar "forgiveness" characteristics because of this. If the 82nd was a shorter brace because of more reflex in the riserthen you would likely see me wanting a 101st. With that said, more speed with the same shooting characteristics are always a plus in my book."

Old 12-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Exactly.

Rick James saved me some typing:

"Because the difference in brace height isn't coming from riser geometry changes. They are on the same riser, and should have VERY similar "forgiveness" characteristics because of this. If the 82nd was a shorter brace because of more reflex in the riserthen you would likely see me wanting a 101st. With that said, more speed with the same shooting characteristics are always a plus in my book."
I now remember him typing that.

And, Jeff you havegood enough form and shoot enough, you probably wouldn't see much of a difference anyway.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

When Matt/Pa and Rob/PA and Matt (Rick James) are all ordering an 82nd to shoot 3D with......I know enough to not ask too many questions and just follow.

I wanted a 3D bow, this year.....and this is the one they told me to get. I've had a GREAT experience with my first Bowtech bow......so the decision was easy.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Well, I've only got one bow, so I do that every year. I make some subtle changes to the set up, but not much. I'm in a good position to take that up on a more serious level, but even being a shop shooter will make that an expensive proposition. But if were to get serious enough about it, I would set up a bow STRICTLY for 3D. Which may end up happening in the not to distant future, we'll see.

Quick Reply: Hunting with your 3D rig??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.