Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Guardian Question/Concern >

Bowtech Guardian Question/Concern

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Guardian Question/Concern

Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Bowtech Guardian Question/Concern

Hi guys, new here, so I thought I'd start off here w/ a question i had about my new bowtech guardian, since i've noticed there are a lot of bowtech owners here.

I was tightening all the bolts on the bow, after waxing it, and inspecting it, and i tightened these bolts:

i don't know if that's ok or not, as the bowtech manual doesn't really have a diagram of parts talked about in it. I figured it was just support for the limbs, so it'd be ok to tighten it, as i got a few good turns on it, but i want to make sure that it doesn't control something critical, and i mess up the tuning on the bow. btw, i tightened it on both sides of the bow, upper and lower limbs.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:01 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Guardian Question/Concern

anyone? gotta wait for the picture to load a second.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:06 PM

First of all, welcome to the forums. You've found a good place. Secondly, it's a little slow here tonight, and alot of the guys that could answer that question specifically are out w/ their gals or something......So I want to encourage you to not lose track of this thread if it doesn't get answered here soon. I promise you it will be.

I'm suspecting that's merely where the limb is held at the pivot, and you've hurt nothing. In fact, I would suspect that's a good thing to do. But, I am not in a position to answer that very well, so that's just a guess.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:13 PM

lol i hear ya, just saw a lot of activity, and didnt want this one to get passed up. appreciate you dropping by though, and thanks for the welcome. wife fell asleep and daughter is almost joining her, so i'm just here looking at the screen LOL.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's perfectly fine that you tightened those, and something I would have done as well. It's basically nothing more than a clamp to keep both limbs in synch with each other.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the forums.

I am not expert by any means, but I do own a Guardian. Great bow by the way. Those bolts should be snug but don't over tighten them. I actuallyflipped mine around. I like the looks of the Guardianplate on the top limb, and I put the Bowtech plate on the lower limb.You did no harm...good to check everything over.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Dominant Buck

It's perfectly fine that you tightened those, and something I would have done as well. It's basically nothing more than a clamp to keep both limbs in synch with each other.

WRONG.... those bolts are NOT suppose to be tightened down all the way. They should leave room for movement. They're meant to be that way.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 PM

ok so how many turns out from completely tight should they be loosened?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:01 PM

don't know who to listen to bowtech corporate, or the person who says its wrong LOL.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Dominant Buck

There are a lot of people on corporate staffs.... aka... figure heads. Call Bowtech headquartersand they will tell you, not someone who was given a title.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Guardian Question/Concern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.