Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scentlok lawsuit??? >

scentlok lawsuit???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scentlok lawsuit???

Old 12-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scentlok lawsuit???

Atlasman, you don't wanna buy it don't it is America and it's your money. Prove me it doesn't help in my scent control and I'll quit using it. Close to 100 days in the field for 40 years tells me it's an advantage and I will continue to use it.
Anything out there always has it's doubters. I won't argue this back and forth, but I just packed my Scent Blocker to head to Nebraska tomorrow to chase Mule Deer. I hope it helps keep mr warm too. I know it will help with my scent control. I don't need to be a scientist. Things in life are not always science and Math, but experience has taught me that not some report. Doctors said my Dad was gonna die several years ago, but he just turned 72 this month and can still do anything I can. I guess Doctors are never wrong either.

Dan
Old 12-10-2007, 06:41 AM

Oh, well I stand corrected then.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Atlasman, you don't wanna buy it don't it is America and it's your money. Prove me it doesn't help in my scent control and I'll quit using it. Close to 100 days in the field for 40 years tells me it's an advantage and I will continue to use it.
Anything out there always has it's doubters. I won't argue this back and forth, but I just packed my Scent Blocker to head to Nebraska tomorrow to chase Mule Deer. I hope it helps keep me warm too. I know it will help with my scent control. I don't need to be a scientist. Things in life are not always science and Math, but experience has taught me that not some report. Doctors said my Dad was gonna die several years ago, but he just turned 72 this month and can still do anything I can. I guess Doctors are never wrong either.

Dan
I hear it's cold an Snowy out there

Dan
Old 12-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm filing suit against AXE. Every time I walk by the local college campus....the chicks don't seem to flog me.

So it works 0%? Not ONE bit of good? Absolutely NO scent prevention/containment capabilities? Really?

What's amazing to me is the amount of energy that people who have NEVER TRIED and have NO INTENTIONS of EVER trying.....spend on dispelling the FACT(s) that many, many scentlok customers are completely satisfied with their garments....and that they've been MORE successful while wearing them.

I was wearing scent-lok when I killed my two biggest bucks. Dispel that.

NOBODY owning the stuff is complaining!

Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

ORIGINAL: mobow

The only point of atlasman's argument I will argue is whether science is right or wrong. And here's why I say that. Science can prove, or disprove, anything it wants. Case in point.....Evolution/creation. BOTH have proven to be a SCIENTIFIC fact. How can that be? It's either right or wrong, right??
Sorry, neither creation or evolution are proven facts,they are theories,one based on scientific evidence the other based on faith. Neither can be proven.
Depends on who you talk to and just how much proof you need

Dan
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm filing suit against AXE. Every time I walk by the local college campus....the chicks don't seem to flog me.

So it works 0%? Not ONE bit of good? Absolutely NO scent prevention/containment capabilities? Really?

What's amazing to me is the amount of energy that people who have NEVER TRIED and have NO INTENTIONS of EVER trying.....spend on dispelling the FACT(s) that many, many scentlok customers are completely satisfied with their garments....and that they've been MORE successful while wearing them.

I was wearing scent-lok when I killed my two biggest bucks. Dispel that.

NOBODY owning the stuff is complaining!

GMMAT, I'm with you let's sue Axe
Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I never said it eliminates all human scent. Anybody would know better than that. I do believe it helps cut the strength of the scent you leave. Like I said it is a part of a Scent Control regimen. Scent control is something you either go at 150% or you might as well forget it and just hope the wind is always at your chin. Sure I hunt with the wind in my favor as much as possible (even Anal about it) but if you can hunt a Bear Bait, Water hole, or even a Rattling/Decoy setup for Whitetails and tell me where the animals are always going to come from, then you are hunting different beasts than I am. Ever tried a stalk and the wind swirl for just a few seconds? I want an advantage when that happens, and I'll continue to use anything that gives me an advantageAfter all I have to wear clothes might as well be Scent control clothes

Dan
Very well said!

I agree in doing everything possible to cut down my scent. I actually wear 2-3 layers of scentlok (Base layers, Savanah, and a outer suit depending how cold it is) butI ALWAYS play the wind.

I look at it that ifI need to have these clothes on anyway it might as well be Scentlok and give me the extra advantage of scent control. Does it work everytime? No. But I know it doesn't hurt and I believe it cuts down a lot ofmy scent. For the added cost wearing it compared to all the money I put into bowhunting I would be foolish NOT to wear it.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

ORIGINAL: mobow

The only point of atlasman's argument I will argue is whether science is right or wrong. And here's why I say that. Science can prove, or disprove, anything it wants. Case in point.....Evolution/creation. BOTH have proven to be a SCIENTIFIC fact. How can that be? It's either right or wrong, right??
Sorry, neither creation or evolution are proven facts,they are theories,one based on scientific evidence the other based on faith. Neither can be proven.

Exactly.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: annika3

I never said it eliminates all human scent. Anybody would know better than that. I do believe it helps cut the strength of the scent you leave. Like I said it is a part of a Scent Control regimen. Scent control is something you either go at 150% or you might as well forget it and just hope the wind is always at your chin. Sure I hunt with the wind in my favor as much as possible (even Anal about it) but if you can hunt a Bear Bait, Water hole, or even a Rattling/Decoy setup for Whitetails and tell me where the animals are always going to come from, then you are hunting different beasts than I am. Ever tried a stalk and the wind swirl for just a few seconds? I want an advantage when that happens, and I'll continue to use anything that gives me an advantageAfter all I have to wear clothes might as well be Scent control clothes

Dan
Very well said!

I agree in doing everything possible to cut down my scent. I actually wear 2-3 layers of scentlok (Base layers, Savanah, and a outer suit depending how cold it is) butI ALWAYS play the wind.

I look at it that ifI need to have these clothes on anyway it might as well be Scentlok and give me the extra advantage of scent control. Does it work everytime? No. But I know it doesn't hurt and I believe it cuts down a lot ofmy scent. For the added cost wearing it compared to all the money I put into bowhunting I would be foolish NOT to wear it.

I will throw down some cash when I get home and do a little experiment with some ScentLok gear. When I proof that it doesnt work, will you still "believe" that it does? It should be a fun little test
Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

ORIGINAL: annika3

Dan
Very well said!

I will throw down some cash when I get home and do a little experiment with some ScentLok gear. When I proof that it doesnt work, will you still "believe" that it does? It should be a fun little test
Don't waste your time![8D]Go Hunt that's what I doMy Scent Blocker goes with me also

Dan

Quick Reply: scentlok lawsuit???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.