Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scentlok lawsuit??? >

scentlok lawsuit???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scentlok lawsuit???

Old 12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scentlok lawsuit???

And it is only December!

I like Tacos.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

And it is only December!

I like Tacos.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Man this brings back some memories! Can we discuss the wisker biscuit vs the fall away rests next? [:-]

I still find the argument from the pro-scent lok guys funny though. I wonder what it would take to prove to them that they have been duped? Short of Scent lok coming out and saying they lied, I'm not sure anything would work.
I also wonderifsome wear it because it's more of a fashion statement......you know......hey look at me!.......I'm a serious bowhunter and I have the scent lok to prove it! . I say wear watever floats you boat, but I also laugh mya$$ off when I hear hunters attribute a successful hunt to the freaking kind of camo they were wearing.
Ding...Ding....Ding...we have a winner!! I have a buddy that has the "top of the line" everything, well the most expensive stuff anyway. Every year it is new this and new that and scent lok boxers, socks, clothes, base layers, ear muffs, hat, etc. He has had a new bow every year since I have known him (15 years) and some years two. New guns, most expensive he can get, latest greatest sights, sling, everything....you know the guy. I say good for him, I mean it's his money.He looks like a walking, talkinghunting product commercial and hey he must be a great hunter he has all the"best" stuff, right. Well he is pretty sharp but over the past 3 seasons he's down like 25 to 9 and my Wal-Mart camo and $40 rubber bootsare still holding up after all those seasons. It's not all bad though, I get some great hand me downs.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know....I own vERY little of these things. What I find absolutely hilarious is....that everyone (detractors...they're the only ones upset with the garments) wants to hear "proof".....and then the mfr'rs put forth scientists who back up their claims......and that's never gonna be good enough. They can't win.
I don't think anyone is upset with the garments, just at the notion that a company is misleading consumers.I am sure the mfg is going to put forth claims that it works and have the science to prove it.Just like statistics. Statistics don't lie, statisticians do.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I still find the argument from the pro-scent lok guys funny though. I wonder what it would take to prove to them that they have been duped? Short of Scent lok coming out and saying they lied, I'm not sure anything would work.
I also wonderifsome wear it because it's more of a fashion statement......you know......hey look at me!.......I'm a serious bowhunter and I have the scent lok to prove it! . I say wear watever floats you boat, but I also laugh mya$$ off when I hear hunters attribute a successful hunt to the freaking kind of camo they were wearing.
Ya know....I own vERY little of these things. What I find absolutely hilarious is....that everyone (detractors...they're the only ones upset with the garments) wants to hear "proof".....and then the mfr'rs put forth scientists who back up their claims......and that's never gonna be good enough. They can't win.

Bubba Johnson is suddenly a "Scientist"......and he's smarter than the guys on the video. THAT is what's funny, to me.

Do you always believe the doctors and scientists advocating a product in promotional videos? You know all those crazy infomercials at 3 am usually have Dr. Bubba Johnson "M.D." board certified cardiologist advocating some snake oil that will make your heart last 300 years. Get real GMMAT...just because a scientist or doctor on T.V. says a product works doesn't make it "PROOF"
Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's some free advice..............Have your 21st chromosome checked...........all 3 of them
That's classy, Atlas. I'm busting a gut, here. What's next? A good Leukemia or SIDS joke????
Old 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, I'm pulling for you, I really am, and this dogpile thing that's going on right now sucks...but, I have done some research on activated carbon myself. I didn't look at anything that had to do with hunting, just activated carbon and reactivating that carbon. Now I have to admit a lot of what I read was way over my head, but what I did understand was that activated carbon in large quantities will "fill up" rather quickly, and smaller quantities (likethose in carbon clothing)are "filled up" almost at exposure to unfiltered air. Then to reactivate that carbon it took temperatures that clothing certainly couldn't stand up to, in the 1000's of degrees I believe. Now I know when I take clothes right out my dryer those metal buttons are dang hot, but I doubt it can reactivate carbon if that is what it takes.

With that said I still buy scent reducing clothing (on sale) because I feel it has other properties that help in my scent reducing regiment. I just don't believe that it absorbs my scent and can be reactivated as indicated by the ads.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:54 PM

LOL all this bickering over flat worlds and golf scores. Why not stick to the topic[>:]

So far, the lab providing the test results has aparently been proven for fraud in multiple cases. So far their list of credentials isnt looking too hot.

Carbon is reactivated at a temperature that no dryer can reach, not to mention the fabrics would burn up before it reached that temp. so essentially, the carbon has already been used up by the time you take it off the hanger in the store and take it home.

Atlas apparently has a background in the subject, what more credentials do you need?

you say he keeps refuting all the proof presented to him, but "I killed two bucks this year wearing it...DISPEL THAT" isnt very solid proof, ok it isnt proof at alllol. Give us a break. who are you to say they wouldnt have came by if you had thin cotton clothes on?

Hes simply asking you to DISPEL the fact that carbon can't be reactivated in SL clothes. no one can as of yet in this arguement. . . .

having a personal problem with atlas is no reason to argue with him about scientific laws, you wont get anywhere.

all that said, you are rightin the fact that SL does make good garments if nothing else. i wear it some simply because i like the quality of the garments, not because i believe it works.

edit: spelling sucks[:'(]
Old 12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

With that said I still buy scent reducing clothing (on sale) because I feel it has other properties that help in my scent reducing regiment. I just don't believe that it absorbs my scent and can be reactivated as indicated by the ads.
Are you kiddin', Bry??? ...lol. I don't believe everything they tell me, either. What I do know is....and what I've said all along is....it's STILL good (actually VERY good) camo. I'm gonna wear camo, anyways....so why not get the SL ON THE CHANCE it helps out (______%).

I guarantee you I paid less for my SL garments than MANY, MANY people paid for their non SL items. I just watch for it on sale. All that.....and I "think" I own about 4 total garments. I have more in my enigma suit than I do in ALL of my SL garments, combined.

If it helps me (_____%)......and I'm gonna wear camo anyways......WHY NOT wear the SL?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

TEmbry.....

blah, blah, blah.....

I'll ask you guys to do the same thing Mobow asked you to do (a long time ago). Show us where the scientists have been proven to have committed FRAUD.....and I'll jump ship.

I have no ties to these folks. I don't lose or gain anything if they're proven to be fraud artists. Won't the courts decide this for us?

I'll tell ya what.....if the courts take this to trial.....and the SL people win....will the SL detractors shut up?????? Nope. Just like with the scientists saying it does work.....they'll never believe anything.

Quick Reply: scentlok lawsuit???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.