Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best buck so far >

best buck so far

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best buck so far

Old 12-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: best buck so far

I don't think most people have a problem with lack of pictures in a post; looks like the responses were in jest (note accompanying smileys) and the responders were having a little fun. I'm delighted you got yourself a nice buck after many years of bowhunting, no mean feat. And I'd love to see the picture.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

took him while hunting off the ground using an old bear polar with no sights or release
Congrats on the nice buck! You said an old polar. You talking about an old longbow or recurve. I have an old 50's polar that is a sweet shooter. Actualy several 50's bear bows. All nice shooters. I love taking them from the ground too.

No problem on the pic. We'd love to see it but I still like the stories even if there is no pic.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome!!! Congrats!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

hey jasonlester, its actually the polar 2 (ltd) compound, still a great shooter, fits me like a glove after so many years
Old 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: crutch

I guess you didn't read the "man law" post. No post until the pics are with it...
Congrats...SOUNDED like a great hunt! Can't wait to see PICS!!
Hey, I had a smiley face behind mine...hope you don't think all people are really serious about pics being posted also! People have been doing that on here for quite awhile now. It's all in good fun...mostly!!

Biggest Buck with a bow....30 yrs of hunting public ground...I would be excited too!
Congrats again!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

thanks crutch, i hope i did not offend anyone, and if i did i appologize, will definitely wait on posting next time until i have the photos ready
Old 12-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Dominant Buck

You mean it's been 24 hours and we still don't havea picture???? LOL FAKE..... TROLL.... We don't believe. LOL
Old 12-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

hnt4food,
I have been hunting for about 7 yrs. I also took my biggest (9pt) buck,early season this year. I got into stand @ 6:45am and shot it around 7:15am. I saw where he went down but snuck out at went back home (5min ride). Everyone thats hunts were all still out inother timber...I walked circles in my garage waiting for someone to come out. I could only tell the wife my story so many time Finally around 10:00 I could tell someone and go finally put my hands on it! I know what you mean about getting excited! Are you planning on mounting it?
Crutch
Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

its actually the polar 2 (ltd) compound
I shot my first deer and my first buck with a polar 2. Great bow. I still have it. I also have one I got for parts. It was in pretty bad shape. I retired mine years ago because of a small crack in the limb near the bolt. I'm sure its plenty shootable still it just means to much to me to break it. It wa my first bow I got when I was 14 or 15.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:05 AM

congrats!

Quick Reply: best buck so far

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.