Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories? >

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

haha oh god thats a funny one. " i didnt know you werent suppose to put bullets ina fire" "you told me to put them there!" haha funny funny funny
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

BIGJ71, I think I heard that Indian girl got married to a guy named Running Water, later on they hadtwo kids they named Hot and Cold

Funny story!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

This is a great post. Really don't have any funny stories about my wife. She loves giving me grief about killing bambi but after a couple monthes of hunting... is threating to go out and kill bambi for me so I get done huntingto spend more time with her.

Course I love this type of thread for more then just the reading. I let her read it !!! By the time she is done reading... I am stilllooking pretty good to her for some of the cr@p you guysput your gf/wives through and then make fun of them!!I will take anytwisted, cheapbrownie pointI can for this late in the season!! [8D] Plus throw in a couple real nice Xmas presents for her to boot !!

Fran... Shelaughed ( grossed out at the same time )atyour turkey roaster story but told me if he ever shows up, the kitchen is off limits to him and she would paddle lock the freezer!!

Tim
Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bigj71
You shouldstuck that one out. Crazy chicks can be a lot of fun. Oh the possibilities!

These stories are great, I don't really have any.

Most of the girls I dated were from hunting backgrounds, and those that weren’t, never lasted long. Go figure.
Me and the misses have been together long enough now that nothing I do surprises her anymore. Although she did say if I ever tried the roaster thing…..dead. Not even a warning.

About the closest funny story I have is from the 1st buck I got while we were together. We had it hanging and were beginning to butcher it and when I cut the rack off, she started poking the chunk of brain in the skull plate with a stick, cause she thought it was “neat”.

I did take her on a blood trail once. Let me tell you she can pick out blood like you wouldn’t believe. She held the light while I gutted it, and that kind of freak her out. She wasn’t expecting all the “noises” from ripping the guts out.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

When my wife and I were dating, I took her out rifle hunting over Thanskgiving in Northern MI. We had about a foot of snow on the ground. We sat in a pit blind that I dug under some pine trees. We'd been there all of 5 minutes, and the entire 5 minutes she was shifting around trying to get comfortable. She never stopped moving or talking. And the smell of her perfume was obnoxious.

Finally, I said "Look if you don't stop talking and moving we're NEVER gonna see anything".

She immediately pointed to her left and said "Oh yeah, what do you call that?"

Of course, there were two does standing 40 yards away facing us. I couldn't believe it!

She says to me "Can I shoot?".

I said "Shoot the bigger one if you can".

She raises my dad's bolt action 30.06 and puts the crosshairs right on the chest and dopped it in it's tracks. Nice doe too.

That is the only time she has ever hunted with me. To this day, she thinks hunting is easy. It took her all of 6 minutes to shoot that deer. She reminds me of what a great hunter she is to this day LOL. She thinks I should be able to get a deer every time out because she did it in 6 minutes....
That is a lot to live up to. I would have walked!

Tom
Old 12-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

A few years back (6), I went bowhunting with my girlfriend at the time (we are now engaged) to her dad's 120 acre property. It was thie first time I had ever went hunting with her and it was her last time ever going with her bow. Apparently, she knew I liked hunting so she asked her dad to buy her a bow and a treestand so she would have something to talk to me about to get me interested in her. He set up a stand for her and when we went hunting, she said, go ahead honey, take my stand and I'll just sit on the ground in a thick bush with some camo netting that my dad set up. All I saw was a button buck that night and as darkness came, I walked out of the woods into the thicket/switchgrass area that she was hunting in. I've got my flashlight on to alert her I was coming and when she saw that, she unknocked her arrow and ran towards me (about 75 yards). As she was getting closer, I see her stumble and trip (she was obviously excited about something). I'm laughing my a$$ off when I see her on the ground but when I get up to her, I see that she has her bow in her left hand and her arrow with her broadhead on it in her right hand. She was RUNNING while it was dark with an arrow with a sharp fixed blade broad head on it and she was holding the arrow so the head was pointed upwards. I cannot tell you how fast I stopped laughing once I saw that. She was so close to cutting herself and it would have probably been a pretty bad cut. Well, after I told her that we put our arrows in our quiver and we don't run with them through the woods, she explained her story to me. Since she was on the ground, she had to sit pretty still. She said a doe came in through a trail only 5 yards away from her (she was pretty hidden so the deer didn't maker her out) and she said she was very calm until she saw the 6 point rack it was sporting. Once she saw that, she said she was shaking and trembling so bad that she couldnot pull her bow back and while she was trying to pull back when he wasn't looking (at 6 yards) the deer heard/noticed her moving and took off. Still to this day, she has not made it back out in the woods with her bow. She did manage to take a nice tom with her 20 guage and was very excited about that. Her dad and younger brother were sitting together and 3 toms came in at once and they all shot at the same time and the birds dropped. After they were on the ground, she fired another 2 rounds at them and her dad said to stop and asked her what she was doing and she said "I'm unloading on 'em dad!". I still remember helping them to eat those turkeys and how many of her bb's I found in the meat!

Good times...hopefully next year her schedule will open up a little more and I will be able to get her back out in the woods. I plan on putting her in a tree stand below me and videotaping for her.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Bigj71
You shouldstuck that one out. Crazy chicks can be a lot of fun. Oh the possibilities!
I know....but this chick was certifiable! I mean, she's on the ground playing "Tonto" and I'm standing there like "you gotta be freakin kidding me!"When something like that happens to a person, it takes a couple seconds for what you're seeing to compute. After I processed what just went down, I said what I said and got the hell out of there!

I could tell she was not happy with me and I wanted to keep my hair!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

X2!!! i would have liked to seen the look on his face when she dropped to the ground and starting listening for the slow prance of the adolescent cougar! what crazy a#$!
ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I'd have love to seen the look on your face when she showed up in face paint. LMAO!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

About a month ago my wife gives me a look and asks if there is some kind of animal in a bag in our freezer. I said," No honey, just its skin.". I get another look,a hmmph and then she walks off. She hasn't yet seen the other, bigger bag that is in there now LOL.

I am very lucky to have her, she tolerates me and what I do so very well.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:27 AM

Just remembered another animal (varmit) related story. My girlfriend of a couple weeks was riding in my 1970 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 when an unfortunate groundhog goes to cross the road. I did not slow or swerve and he was in line to become road fair ( I have no problems with killing ground hogs even on the road, growing up around farms, the farmers would give me $5 for each G. H. that I killed.They were sick of the damage and the darn holes all over the place.) Back to the story, she screamed that she would never speak to me again if I did not swerve to miss. Being controlled by raging hormones I gave in and swerved so the ground hog would pass safely down the center of the truck. As luck would have it he must have stood up and the front differential did a number on him. I tried to explain that I could not control what he did but it was wasted words. I lost one the "hottest" girls that I have ever dated to a dead ground hog. I still cashed in on the $5 with one of the local farmers.

Quick Reply: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.