Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories? >

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

I invited my wife along for a shed hunt once. After half a day of crawling around in variousthickets of brush on a steep mountainside, severalstumbles and couple falls, scratches etc...she's never asked to go again! I have overheard her tell folks, it was the most miserable day she's ever experienced in the outdoors. I guess we all have our definition of what fun is.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not QUITE hunting related but.......

We're sitting in our newly built house 5yrs ago in the bedroom folding laundry. From the master bathroom roof you can hear "scampering" of something running across the shingles, most likely a squirrel pissed that we cut down his favorite tree and plopped house there. (2nd floor)

Here's what I get:

(her)"Did you hear that!?"[:-]

(me) "Yep"

(her)"Was that a deer?"

(me)
Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff Quick!

I dated a girl in high school to gain access to her land and my buddy bagged me not to get rid of her until after late bow season. That was the longest December of my life.

My wife started bow hunting this year and was talking smack about how calm she will be when a buck comes in. The 1st night out within 5 minutes we had a doe come in and she was so pumped she couldn't pull her bow back. HA HA.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Site Buck Guru

I took my GF bowhunting with me up north in Wi, in bluff country. You have to be part billy goat to climb some of those hills. I was trying to impress upon her that hunting was serious work and not partying. I ran her up and down the hills pretty good. She could sense what I was doing and never said a word. Like a trouper she kept up. I could tell she was getting winded a couple of times but kept going. When we were decending a steep ravine she slipped on the big build up of fallen leaves and slid for 60+ feet down the hill on her rear. As she was sliding she held her bow up in the air and was going waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! until she stopped. When she finally came to a rest, leaves up to her neck, I asked "good ground blind, are you going to sit there for the night?" The leaf pile rustled and out came a hand with a certain finger extended![:-]

A while later we climbed up the other side of the ravine. At th top, I noticed a low, partially hidden strand of barbed wire. I stepped over it and kept going. The next thing I hear is a loud uuuummmphhh!!! She didn't see the wire. I turned around while she was laying there with her face two inches from the ground and ask... see any sign? You guessed it, the finger again!!

In all fairness, that was her first year. She has taken a doe and a small 8 pointer with a bow and a big tom with a shotgun. Also, she still holds the state record in the womens BHFS indoor tournament. She can shoot, averages sbout 53xs.

Those were great times. Her hunting is on hold for a bit while she finishes college, hopefully in about a year.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm certain she would have LOVED your snow angel, then, Greg
Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Site Buck Guru

That she did!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When my wife and I were dating, I took her out rifle hunting over Thanskgiving in Northern MI. We had about a foot of snow on the ground. We sat in a pit blind that I dug under some pine trees. We'd been there all of 5 minutes, and the entire 5 minutes she was shifting around trying to get comfortable. She never stopped moving or talking. And the smell of her perfume was obnoxious.

Finally, I said "Look if you don't stop talking and moving we're NEVER gonna see anything".

She immediately pointed to her left and said "Oh yeah, what do you call that?"

Of course, there were two does standing 40 yards away facing us. I couldn't believe it!

She says to me "Can I shoot?".

I said "Shoot the bigger one if you can".

She raises my dad's bolt action 30.06 and puts the crosshairs right on the chest and dopped it in it's tracks. Nice doe too.

That is the only time she has ever hunted with me. To this day, she thinks hunting is easy. It took her all of 6 minutes to shoot that deer. She reminds me of what a great hunter she is to this day LOL. She thinks I should be able to get a deer every time out because she did it in 6 minutes....
Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The VERY 1st time that I ever took myGirlfriend (now wife)hunting was a disaster. It's early September, and we got up early in the morning, and headed towards my stand in the middle of the woods. There is a lot of down timber and overgrown brush.

On the way in, I bend down to go under a tree log, and so does she. Unfortunatley, when she dipped her head down, her loose hair caught in some weeds.... not any weeds, but stick-tights (What I call them). There were hundreds of those sticky burrs in her hair making it all madded together. She toughed it out and we hunted the rest of the morning, even though the only thing we saw that morning was one doe.

When we got home, I spend (literally) over 2 hours picking those burrs out of her hair. Much of her long hair ended up breaking. I could tell she was almost in tears. I felt pretty bad.

But she got over it, and 3 years later and she's out in the woods just as much as I am.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took my current girlfriend out with me to track my brother-in-law's big buck he hit opening weekend of this year's bow season. Remind you this is her first time in the woods.

I told her just to wear jeans and shoes since the swamp was dry and it was warm out anyways. Well as we are tracking I look back to only see her fall over a log. I kinda chuckle a bit and so did my brother and sister. I asked her if she was ok and of course she tells me to f*** off.

Well we never ended up finding the buck that night but I get back to the house with her and she was all pissy. She yelled at me cause her jeans and shoes were all dirty. She was wearing her good jeans. I thought she would know better to good in the woods with good jeans and shoes.

She hasn't gone out hunting with me since that but I am going to take her this late season and she can sit in the tent with me and tape. Want to get her into hunting as she is a city girl!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

This memory just came back to me.I was on a hike with my then girl friend now wife.I was out in front of her on a state trail when I spotted a bear standing on a dead fall.As I attempted to get closer to get a better look I turned to say Barbara do you see the bear? She was running down the trail in the opposite direction,I said hey where are you going?
I can still see her blond hair bouncing on her shoulders as she ran and how big her eyes were.

Quick Reply: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.