Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thumb style releases? >

Thumb style releases?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thumb style releases?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Thumb style releases?

So I'm thinking of trying a thumb trigger release this next year for hunting. We carry several at work, but the only one I've come to like is the Carter Chocolate Addiction 3-finger. Considering the release is roughly $200, I figure I'll give myself an allowance of that much to spend.

For those of you who have used/hunted with this style of release in thepast, which do you prefer and why?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thumb style releases?

I was just about to post a similar question about thumb releases. I was curios how close to a back tension they actually are. I was thinking of one for 3D this year and hunting of course next year. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot QUIET a few different releases this year. I started hunting this year with a Tru Ball Pro Diamond. A cheap hunting thumb release. Not supposed to be the nicest thing out there, just for hunting. It was alright. I then went back a Scott Sabertooth to hunt with. I ordered a Carter Instatiable 3 a few weeks ago, and that's the one I'm liking right now. I'm shooting it really well. I'm also throwing in a Scott Longhorn Pro, pure Backtension to keep things in check. I used the Carter to shoot my 300 spot round a few days ago.

In all honesty, the Carter was my 2nd choice. I really wanted a Stan SX2 (Super X 2), but I couldn't get them through the shop, seeing as how it is a REALLY new release. It's AWESOME though, as soon as I can find a way to get one, that's what I'll be getting. They are just simply amazing. I love them.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the carter Fits Mee Too because I have SMALL hands.

If I had normal sized hands,I would use the Just Be Cuz.

One of the things I like is the I.T.S. sytem.

interchangeable tension system.

There are definately some other good releases out there but I love my Too.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I prefer the carter Fits Mee Too because I have SMALL hands.

If I had normal sized hands,I would use the Just Be Cuz.

One of the things I like is the I.T.S. sytem.

interchangeable tension system.

There are definately some other good releases out there but I love my Too.

The ITS is nice, but it does get a little old, because you almost have to break in all the springs to get a feel for what you want. I never could get used to the JustB Cuz, something about that finger hole, I can't get used to.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM

I've got smaller hands too, TFOX, which is probably why I prefer the three finger Chocolate Addiction over the four. How much does that release normally run?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was happy with my TRU ball pro diamond, but I found that I prefer to keep the release attached to my wrist for hunting. I shot fine with either one, just personal preference.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I've got smaller hands too, TFOX, which is probably why I prefer the three finger Chocolate Addiction over the four. How much does that release normally run?
Not sure but pretty sure it is OVER the $150 mark.

Matt,I have no problems with the springs,I pulled the factory out and got the HEAVIEST spring in the pack and installed it,haven't changed it since.

That is one of the biggest mistakes people make and manufactuers make releases for what people think they need.Heavy promotes much better Bt than light.That is why I like the ITS system,I can't get a heavy trigger pull with it.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

The biggest problem you might run into for hunting is clearance through the hole for gloves.I don't use mine for hunting but my daughter does.That is how small my hands are.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Matt,

On the web site the picture of the Stanislawski Super X Trio Release looks to have a hook almost like a coat hanger. What is that? Probably a dumb question but I don't know.

Quick Reply: Thumb style releases?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.