Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RAZOR TEC

Old 01-25-2003, 03:51 PM

Default RAZOR TEC

I was out shoping for a new bow today. I had already had it narrowed down to the razor tec or the ultra tec the only thing left to do was shoot them and make a decision. Well none of the 3 bow shops i went to had the ultra tec so i was rather dissapointed. But on the bright side i got to shoot the Razor tec at all 3 shops. Boy oh boy is that a smoth shooting bow. i could not feel any recoil at all, it was the smoothest shooting vibration free bow i have ever shoot. One of the bows was out of the box he put a rest and a short hoyte stabalizer on it and i shot it. I am thourally impressed. my current primary bow is a 2001 hoyte magna tec and i thought it would be hard to beet the feel of it but they did it. My secondary bow is/was a mathews. i left it behind for sale i hope some one buys it before they try out that new cam and a half HOYTE!!!!!
If you are thinking of buying a new bow this year i would consired at least shooting the new line of Hoyte's the cheapest razor tec around here is $618 for the bow wich comes with the XT2000 limbs, limb savers, and the new string leaches.
thanks for listening just thought i would share todays awsome experience

Old 01-25-2003, 05:13 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Default RE: RAZOR TEC

Glad you like it, nice to hear something about something other than Bowtech vs Mathews here.

Old 01-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure the RazorTec is nice but the UltraTec is smoother than a baby's butt. It is also VERY VERY VERY quiet! Good luck whichever one you select. Remember, the only person you have to please is yourself!
Old 01-26-2003, 09:09 AM

thanks for the feedback. yea i am a little leary of the short axel to axel also and that is why i wanted to compair it to the ultra tec it is the same lenght as my magna tec. in fact while i was shooting the razor tec i drew it about 4 or 5 times in a row (just getting a feel for the draw) and the arrow fell off the string. I guess the angle of the string poped it off. that is not a good thing. one of the shops are suppose to get the ultra tec in next week. boy, i can not wait.

Old 01-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2003, 09:49 AM

NJBOWMAN yea the Super Tec has a 6 in. brace height. that is what scares me off for a hunting bow. the Ultra Tec is 7 3/8 brace height i figure i could use the extra forgivness in the stand of course it is rated 15 ft.per. sec. slower because of it also.
i think when it boils down to puting the money on the table the only thing for sure is that i will be buying a Hoyt.

Old 01-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2003, 04:17 PM

I shot both of them went with the Ultratec just felt better to me and seemed more accurate relly like mine
Old 01-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's nice to know that the Razortec is one of the leading contender's and can play with the big boy's from Bow-Tec and Mathew's
nubo

Quick Reply: RAZOR TEC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.