Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sad....

Old 12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sad....

Breaks my heart to hear these stories....happens too often these days.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 PM

I feel ya. I have lost alot of good properties due to developments.

Other day I was surfing the aerial on net. About every statewide cross the country the woods are getting smaller and smaller and whats left is national forest. Real scary.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Dominant Buck

The stand is over exposed and too open anyway.[8D] We've all lost hunting spots... well most of us have. It comes with the territory. Don't get all in a pity party about it. Go out and find a new better spot.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:13 PM

I feel your pain. My family "lost" a good hunting spot as well. Not to developement or anything, but to over-hunting and that someone "spilled the beans". Used to be able to go back in there and hunt, and rarely see another sole. Now there are camps all around it, and 4-wheeler trails cut right thru the middle of it (in an area that 4-wheelers aren't supposed to go). Hunting public land is like that though, it is hard to keep a good spot quiet.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've lost a few places over the years myself, and one really good one. But it is what it is. That is why I bought my own a while back. It aint a ton,but at least I don't have to worry about not being able to hunt it next year (God willing).
Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Typical Buck

Used to have 200 acres to hunt, lost half of it to an outfitter that came in and took over. Dad's best stand was on that side of the property line.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:33 AM

when my father died, my mom sold his property in the pocono mnts of pennsylvania all 850 acres of it, and if not bad enough she sold a bait and tackle shop that was to be mine and my brothers along with my dad pride and joy........his offshore charter business along with a 1995 55' viking charter boat. so i know your pain, my brother and i havent seen or talked to her in 8yrs two days after my dads funural she sold the property....good luck you will find new ground
Old 12-04-2007, 05:38 AM

davidmil, that stand is a bow stand and usually has lots of cover in the early fall.Trust me, that stand was the best. I don't think you read into my post well enough. This is not a spot that I lost. It was our farm. No we did not own it, we farmed it, leased it,we made a life here. We raised a family here. I can't just say, "oh well, it's just a spot" and move on. I watched my father put his head in his hands and shed tears for the first timein my life because he had to sell the house and walk away from his dream because he lost everything including his wife. Hunting is only a part of this tragedy, the true tragedy is the lifestyle that is now gone.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, Vabowman, being on the eastern seaboard we are more prone to this kind of thing as the whole coast becomes one large 'burb. I've lost several hunting spots to development in the Tidewater area and just lost 400+ acres in Isle of Wight county because the owner was getting on in age and his daughter didn't want anything to do with it. Seems like I always loose the spot right after I get a good pattern figured out. [:@] Your case has extra implications to it and I empathise with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.