Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone Shoot Hoyt >

Anyone Shoot Hoyt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone Shoot Hoyt

Old 12-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone Shoot Hoyt

I shoot havoctec (see sig) and I love it. It may not be the fastest around, but it is ultra-quiet!!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot aHoyt PowerTec, 65#, and love it.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 AM

I've been shooting a Vortech since 2001 and haven't feltthe need to change yet. I love it !
Old 12-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

I picked up the Vetrix a few days ago and it has been working well. My 20 and 30 yd shots are money. My 40 is still a little shaky but I have never missed a 3d target at 40 yards yet.

Fast bow and pretty quite. I have never shot any other Hoyt before so do not have anything else to compare it to. I like it so far.

Haven’t got to shot at a deer yet so that will be the ultimate test.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Shot them since the early 80s.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot every bow there is, I currently own two mathews bows and a Bowtech. I've shot older Hoyt bows and they were decent, but last year, I bought a Trykon and I couldn'r sell it quick enough after extensive shooting. It was by far the worst bow I've ever shot. Finiky, unforgiving, slow as snails andwould not stay in tune, the valley was all over the place too. Yes, it was quiet and no recoil but most bows are nowadays. I've heard this from many other people too. The older Hoyts were good, the new ones are not worth the material they are made with in my opinion, your money could be usedon Mathews, Bowtech, Bear bows, even the new PSE's, anything but Hoyt! Just my honest opinion from a shooter whose shot them all...
Old 12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

See signature.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I've shot every bow there is, I currently own two mathews bows and a Bowtech. I've shot older Hoyt bows and they were decent, but last year, I bought a Trykon and I couldn'r sell it quick enough after extensive shooting. It was by far the worst bow I've ever shot. Finiky, unforgiving, slow as snails andwould not stay in tune, the valley was all over the place too. Yes, it was quiet and no recoil but most bows are nowadays. I've heard this from many other people too. The older Hoyts were good, the new ones are not worth the material they are made with in my opinion, your money could be usedon Mathews, Bowtech, Bear bows, even the new PSE's, anything but Hoyt! Just my honest opinion from a shooter whose shot them all...
Sounds like you had an untuned bow.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I shot these, plus: ROSS, Diamond, whisper creek, alpine....and uh...I went with a TRYKON and couldn't be happier with it, don't know when I willbuy another one. Sorry for your loss though.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM

This year it's been the Vectrix. Next year will be the Katera. To me, Hoyt makes the best bow I've ever shot. And I've shot a lot of different brands, including several years with Mathews.

Quick Reply: Anyone Shoot Hoyt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.