Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scout or Stay Out ? >

Scout or Stay Out ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scout or Stay Out ?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Spike

Default Scout or Stay Out ?

I plan on hunting Wed. I know the woods has been getting alot of pressure from gun season. I know where some beds (but i think they are doe beds) but I would like to find some more sign from some big boys that I know are in area. ( which I had seen months ago on my camera) Should I go in and scout on Sunday (we are not allowed to hunt on Sundays in MA) Or should I not risk the added pressure and just setup near a bed and hope all goes well? Also is scent not advised this time of year after the peak breeding?

Thanks any tips are appreciated.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scout or Stay Out ?

Tough situation, if it were me, id go in and scout in fear of not knowing what kind of spot i have picked out. When are you planning to hunt it after you scout it?, ideally it would be better to stay out of there but i would go check it out. Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]